Which Club???

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
I am nearly new to this game, and have a descision to make. I now realise that joining a Caravan or Camping Club is a good idea. (Fantastic Savings!!!)

But my qustion is, Which one?? The Caravan Club or The Caravan and Camping Club. Both cost the same, both offer similar products.

I own an Avondale Dart and would like to spread my wings into Europe next year, also fancy using Cl's or Cs's.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm a member of both and I prefer the Caravan Club. The Camping & Caravanning Club calls itself the Friendly Club but I have on occasion reason to question that.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I too am a member of both purely for the increased number of CS and Cls it gives you (the small farm sites that my wife and I prefer). Again I would sometimes question the C & CC being the friendly club but only on reading the letters pages in the monthly magazine - loads of bitching. I hasten to add that i've never had any problems with them on sites, everyone is friendly enough there. If you can afford it i would say join both give it a year and take it from there. Hope this helps. Happy 'vanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Same for me. I am in both and for your first year at least, I would do the same. You can then decide if one of them is more 'friendly' than the other. Personally, I can't see any difference. You get miserable old buggers in both and you get happy, lively people in both. The CC magazine is better than the C&CC magazine, in fact, I think it is better than PC!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Im only a member of one and that is the Caravan Club so cannot comment on c&cc but I would just like to say that on joining the Caravan Club its the best thing we have ever done. I can honestly say that Ive never met one bad person on our travels so far but law of averages tell you that one day I will. This is our second year as members and the wardens and staff of every site we've been have all greeted us with a warm welcome, now matter how busy they are and as for the locations and pitches, they are all of a high standard. No doubt there will be people here who will have different opinions but this is purely our personal experiences.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Join both, I did. I go on rallies with the CC. Boozy affairs - I suspect alcoholism is rife - but who am I to judge -:). I think that at the "meet"/"rally" level there is probably a lot of bitching - just choose your firends carefully.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We joined both to begin with, but decided just to continue with the Camping and Caravanning Club, for a variety of reasons, not least of which was the club magazine. The CC one seemed to be so full of worries over every possible thing that might go wrong, we quite lost any feeling that this was meant to be an enjoyable activity! But whichever you go with, I am sure you will get excellent service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts