which club

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
it's that time again renewal time :( we went with the cc+c because of the insurance and breakdown cover arrival were a lot cheaper than the cc,even with the membership fee as we don't use any of the club sites ;) they are just to regimental and not my cup of tea :whistle: other than the discounts we get for the above . which club gives most value for money I might have opened a can of worms as many caravanners have been loyal to their club for many years but have you sat down and looked at the figures to see if the discounts/advise you get is worth the membership fee.eg my new car comes with 3yrs AA cover but still need arrival for the van the insurance is £66 cheaper for the cove I want so its worth me renewing as for the advice neither of the two don't come close the practical caravan site

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are members of both clubs purely for the CL & the CS sites, , used the C&CC at Hertford for the first time in many years , and will admit the toilets and showers were fantastic , but our pitch was muddy, when I asked to move, was told they others were booked. Didnt think you could do that.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We too are in both clubs. We use the CC sites most of the time, but have never ever used the C&CC. That one we joined because it worked out cheaper for breakdown with Euro cover than the CC. This time though, have gone with Green Flag as Euro not needed in next 12 months. Wont be renewing C&CC this time.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I was looking at binning it off but insurance renewal was a great deal as for breakdown cover was looking at greenflag but you need to be a member of cc to join mayday (£70) as of(£78arrival) also as for the sites their are a lot better and cheaper than the club site :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We don't get away as much as we would like and only tour in the UK, so not needing ferries, overseas insurance, etc. Therefore we only belong to one club as there is plenty of choice of main sites and 5-van sites (CLs), and that club is the CC. I have heard that the CC has more sites overall, but I'm not sure.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We are members of both clubs and use the sites, mainly CC though. We do look at price and location before booking but with the CChaving more sites and in particular where we have family they get the most business. There is not a lot in the sites themselves but CC sites are often booked up if you need to go at short notice more than C & CC sites. The CC does not demand deposits and lets you choose your pitch.

The two clubs sevices are generally very good but the C&CC insurance is far cheaper for us but their breakdown cover is more expensive so if you use the caravan enough you can justify being in both.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree there are private sites that are better and cheaper than the CC, cheaper certainly. If there is one thing in favour of the CC its the uniformity of the sites, you can pretty much expect a certain level across the network. With private sites, its always a gamble.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The main problem, I find with both of the clubs, sites are they are normally not near to a pub, which is a great disappointment , to myself and the Boss.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
The main problem, I find with both of the clubs, sites are they are normally not near to a pub, which is a great disappointment , to myself and the Boss.
mobile%20bar_zpsgvd6drth.jpg

Hutch

Maybe you need to review your unit for something more accep tipple :kiss:

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
We are with the C & CC as we used them when we were camping, and they gave us a better price for insurance.

I've not actually checked up but for some reason I got the impression that not all CC sites have shower blocks,,I'm sure someone will very quickly put me right !

I do agree with EH52ARH however about the lack of proximity to a pub,,and I don't drink and drive ever. (adjusts his halo )

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
pensioner said:
I've not actually checked up but for some reason I got the impression that not all CC sites have shower blocks,,I'm sure someone will very quickly put me right !

Correct - there are a few CC main sites without toilet blocks. We stayed at such a site (Much Wenlock) a couple of years ago for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. The site was a bit like a CL but bigger and with reception/shop, etc. If I remember correctly the cost was £11 per night for 2 persons with EHU, so can't complain.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
One of the most breath taking CC site is that at Altnaharra on the shores of Loch Naver.
The Altnaharra Hotel is 3.5 miles away but more for paying guests.
They have the Gillie bar complete with toilet for outsiders.
The nearest shops are more than 20 miles away. .No toilets on site but the views are splendid.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
pensioner said:
We are with the C & CC as we used them when we were camping, and they gave us a better price for insurance.

I do agree with EH52ARH however about the lack of proximity to a pub,,and I don't drink and drive ever. (adjusts his halo )

There are quite a few CC sites with no toilet block. This seems to be down to local water supply problems. We have found them as far South as Plymouth, Bourton in the Cotswolds, Whitby, Northumberland and Carlisle and there are more. All the ones we have used have been great sites if you have your own facilities and are willing to use them.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
There are 30 CC sites without toilet blocks, we have stayed on about ½ of them. Absolutely no qualms about using non facility sites and don't mind in the slightest using the vans facilities. In fact when we are on facility sites we only use the showers, and very very rarely the toilets! - I/we hate having to walk across the park to go to the loo, so we don't do it.!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
There used to be a CC site in Hemel Hempstead (I think it's closed now) which would have been ideal for me to visit relatives in a part of the country that isn't well served with caravan sites.

Initially they had a toilet block but had to get rid of it as they were unable to provide disabled facilities - so everybody lost out. Madness!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts