which estate car ?

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone help i own a 97 disco which i have towed to france ,scotland, cornwall with no problems at all ( i must be lucky or picked a good one ). Now i am getting a little fed up with servicing and fuel costs. After 5 years of a bone shaker i need something a bit more refined .My caravan is a Abbey 417 with weight of 1440 gross (great van by the way ) The car diesel. Should i go for BMW 230d ,mondeo ghia x130,volvo v70 or something like rover 75 ZZT. My budget will be around £10-12.000

Sep 10, 2005
Visit site
Dear Nigel

We also have a Discovery, which came highly recommended by a good friend. We have encountered a number of problems. Consequently we are also looking for car which would comfortably tow our Swift challenger + swag. We are currently considering a Mondeo estate ghia x 130 bhp, once again recommended by our good friend Donald, but Duke my husband is unsure.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Nigel,

The car I' cant recommend enough is the Volvo V70 Power, style, safety, good dealers and reliability. At the price indicated you should be able to get one with the D5 engine or the Earlier V70 with the Audi sourced TDI engine both really good and will easily achieve 45 mpg or 25-30 when towing. Anything else would be a compromise!!

Regards Monkeys Mate

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Hi I really recomend the rover I bought one in spring and have towed my Bailey Ranger all summer with a nose weight of 100kg and towing limit of 1600kg it is perfect . I drove from home in Herts to cornwall,300 miles it is so smooth and comfortable i still felt relaxed when I got there. I get around 40mpg ave and 27mpg towing not bad for a big auto. From bude we drove to the New Forest then home not once did the temp gague move even on the steepest of hills. servicing is reasonable 15,000 intervals oil service about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear Nigel

We also have a Discovery, which came highly recommended by a good friend. We have encountered a number of problems. Consequently we are also looking for car which would comfortably tow our Swift challenger + swag. We are currently considering a Mondeo estate ghia x 130 bhp, once again recommended by our good friend Donald, but Duke my husband is unsure.
With 12.000 the Mondeo 130 is probably the best option. I

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts