Which is the better system?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Is the Thetford Automatic vent system better than the the SOG system? The Thetford expels through the floor while the SOG expels through the door.
The automatic Thetford has to be switched on manually while the SOG is automatic when the blade is opened. The SOG draws the air into the cassette allowing the oxygen to break down the waste quicker. Although Thetford also draws air not sure if it draws the air into the cassette.
Input would be very nice. Thanks.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:
Is the Thetford Automatic vent system better than the the SOG system? The Thetford expels through the floor while the SOG expels through the door.
The automatic Thetford has to be switched on manually while the SOG is automatic when the blade is opened. The SOG draws the air into the cassette allowing the oxygen to break down the waste quicker. Although Thetford also draws air not sure if it draws the air into the cassette.
Input would be very nice. Thanks.

I feel that claim is a complete con; the SOG only draws air through the cassette whilst the blade is open, and at no time through the bio mass. Even my little knowledge of sewerage systems indicates this in no way supports the oxygen demand of any aerobic bacteriological digestion. Breakdown if it exists at all, will still be anaerobic SOG or not.
At best it is a venting system to avoid fumes leaching out internally into the van whilst the loo flap is actually open.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I fully agree with the last post.
I have seen both systems in situ and neither was impressive in a good way, in fact as far as emptying the cassette, they are a distinct loss as the smell is disgusting.

Stick to the basics, and use chemicals to break down the waste in the tank.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
I fully agree with the last post.
I have seen both systems in situ and neither was impressive in a good way, in fact as far as emptying the cassette, they are a distinct loss as the smell is disgusting.

Stick to the basics, and use chemicals to break down the waste in the tank.

Thanks Damien. Will take your advice.

TRENDING THREADS