Which LCD TV?

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new telly. 16-19"screen & one which works on 12v as well as mains. Priority is a good picture with a wide viewing angle. Not bothered about in-built dvd as I use a separate dvd player/recorder. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If you can put up with a mains only TV (and they are considerably cheaper than 12V types) look at the Sharp L19D1EBK which you should be able to find for around

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Glenn

I bought a 19" one from tesco it was only about 170 pound at the time and it was mains or 12v and had a built in dvd, personally i dont think you can go wrong because if there is a problem you just take it back and get a replacement.

Rab.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The OP asked for:

"Priority is a good picture with a wide viewing angle".

That will cut out all the cheaper offerings.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
In my 4 seasons of towing I have used a comp monitor with a built in tuner (complete dross), a Grundig 15.4" with built in DVD & freeview (much better, but ruddish viewing angle, especially vertically).

I now have a Avtex, I know it is expensive, but I finally have a TV that works and that picks up signals on caravan sites using the caravan directional aerial and I can view the screen from all round the lounge and when using the front lounge as a bed. You do get what you pay for.

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I too bought a cheaper tv (as I sit here can't remember the brand) built in freeview and the picture is excellent (with a good signal of course) however in reality as it is mounted on a bracket it is difficult to get a good viewing angle, the screen is very directional. On the subject of the lcd bracket (in my Swift)as the tv has to be angled down I could do with raising the it about 20mm so that it swivels away without catching on the shelf. Can't see obvious way of doing this, no alternative holes in the telly and the fixing holes on the bracket are hidden. Any ideas?

Bill D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts