Which low-wattage toaster?

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
We like our toast especially on holiday and I cant stand grilling one side at a time on a gas cooker! Can anyone recommend a good, cheap, light low-wattage pop-up toaster?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi

We just use the normal two slice tesco cheapy toaster works perfectly - no problem. a low wattage one would take forever.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi S/billy , we are the same as Gill use a nice maroon one from comet for a fiver ( 6 years old ) only for the van and matches the interior decor perfect . Its my breakfast treat , sat there munching liver pate on toast after morning abloo sions ( lol ) and readying the van , watching the world and other caravanners go by , only wish I was their right now , its making me caravan sick . ---- STEVE .

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi, We recently just bought a cheap 2 slice toaster from tesco

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-2249.aspx
it works brilliantly and fits in the over head cupboard in the van so it doesnt take up work space when not being used.

We did own a 12v toaster but it took so long that by the time the toast was finished we had finished breakfast !!

I cant find on the website how much power it uses but we have had it toasting with the water heater, kettle, halogen awning heater on 10 amp EHU and it didn't trip so obviously doesnt use a lot of power.

Hope this helps

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ours was from Sainsbury, from their cheap range (Basics? Essentials? I can't remember.) It cost less than a fiver, is fairly low wattage (450W, I think) and works a treat. At all cost, avoid the expensive ones you see in caravan accessory shops: they are just the same as the supermarket products, but with a huge mark-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts