Which mirrors for Honda CR-V?

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Annie.

While strolling round the "Range" superstore at Kidderminster yesterday I came across what looks to be a reasonable solution to the mirror problems you guys suffer with these days, as the manufacturers of modern cars seem to want to go more and more aerodynamic with design.

The mirrors I saw in their leisure dept attatched to the existing car mirror face via a suction cup.

I do wonder if the removal of the suction cup would in time strain the car mirror adjustment mechanisum.

Another point to think of was that, you do loose the functionality of the original car mirror because of the suction cup.

However if they work then for a tenner each they are good value.

I'm fortunate that the mirrors on my 1998 Laguna are able to accept the conventional clip and rubber strap type of mirror and also, I can still use the standard car mirrors to pick up any blind spots.

One bit of advice would be to go for a pair of mirrors and put some reflective stripes on the front face of the towing mirror.

By using two mirrors, you will have not only have better rear visability, but also a good marker stick for the width of you outfit when negotiating those tight seaside villages. Finally the reflective strips on the front will let the on-comming traffic see more clearly how wide your outfit is.

Believe me some motorists need all the help you can give as skill and consideration seem to of been left in the back pocket these days.

Steve L.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Annle, Fantastic mirrors that would complement your fantastic car at www.repusel.com

Not cheap but quality with great after sales service

Ray

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
I use the milenco aero mirrors and the work fine an the new CR-V

I would consider the new larger aero mirrors from milenco, but they were not available when I purchased mine.

Cheers

David

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your helpful replies. David - if you don't mind me asking - what mpg are you getting from your CR-V? Is it deisel or petrol.

Thanks

Ann

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your helpful replies. David - if you don't mind me asking - what mpg are you getting from your CR-V? Is it deisel or petrol.

Thanks

Ann
Sorry - can't spell diesel - put it down to the cold weather!!!

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site

Thanks

Ann
Hi Annie

I have the diesel. When it was new, I was a bit disappointed as it was a struggle to get the MPG above about 35. Now it has done 3000 miles and had several long tows, it is giving between 42 and 45mpg if I drive carefully. So far, whilst towing (1300kg Compass Corona) I have been getting around 33-35mpg. It seems to be improving all the time now. What really hits the economy is high speed, driving at 75+ on motorway knocks the economy below 40.

It seems like the Honda Diesel needs to have quite a lot of running in to achieve good economy.

Cheers

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts