Which mirrors / Which awning

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

I'm a newbie and have almost bought a 2006 Elddis Avante 482 but I have a couple of questions which I'd like your help with. I drive a SEAT Altea 2.0TDI Sport but which mirrors are best or what should I be considering? Also, we want an awning but, as the kids have flown the nest and there are only the two of us, do we need a full size awning or will something smaller be easier to erect and big enough for our needs. Any advice/pointers/opinions will be appreciated.

John

Hiya John, I use milenco mirrors on our tow-car, a mondeo estate and they are by far better than the ones that I used to use, these were just those cheap ones that you attatch with a rubber strap round the cars mirror. They did the job for me for a few years mind you. Then when I changed my car to the Mondeo I found that the mirrors on it were more like budgie mirrors than vehicle rear view mirrors and I for the life of me found it difficult to say the least to see behind me. We got a pair of the MIlenco ones from our local caravan shop and have been looking back eversince LOL.

We changed our caravan this year and as it was a different size to our old one let the awning go with the old one. We decided that to save carrying a full sized awnig round with us in the autumn we would get a porch awning. We went away the first time with the new 'van and put up the awning, and find that we don't need a full awning ourselves, as the porch is big enough for us to eat in ,sit out, etc and have some where to get out of wet clothes and muddy shoes. There are only the two of us so find it easier to erect a porch in a bit of a breeze that the full sized.

So thats how we see it, hope that helps in your decision.

Phillip.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We too use Milenco mirrors and a porch awning. We have an Isabella Magnum which is large enough to use all year round even when our 2 grandchildren are away with us.

Jan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Dorema porch awning which is brilliant although at 6ft square it is a bit small. If you are going for a porch awning I would suggest something approx 8ft. square as being ideal. Also watch for height as some awnings are for lower height vans - we had ours second hand and it is slighlty short for the Bailey but still it suits us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts