which rear fixed bunks ???

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
hi..we thinking of upgrading our 92 fleetwood 5 berth to a brand new caravan with twinrear fixed bunks..we looked at a few but waiting to look at new lunar zenith6 which is due out in next few weeks before we make up our minds..we got a 2000 freelander 2.0td as towcar so size shouldnt be a problem. could anyone give us some pro's and con's about different fixed bunk caravans.. or should we just sell out kids and buy a 2 berth instead..??(only joking kids).. any help would be grateful.. thanx darrell

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
thanx for that we looked at that one but my little ole piranha fish (the wife) wasnt sure on the upholstery.. she not stuck on burgandy.but if the lunar doesnt appear up to much either we gonna go back and have a further look at the ranger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanx for that we looked at that one but my little ole piranha fish (the wife) wasnt sure on the upholstery.. she not stuck on burgandy.but if the lunar doesnt appear up to much either we gonna go back and have a further look at the ranger
Strange that, my Mrs was fine with it but I wasn't allowed to have a view !! In the end, we came to the conclusion that with two young kids and two dogs, it was likely to get knackered anyway! Each to their own as they say. Happy hunting

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
We have the ranger 6 berth, albeit 2003, excellent van, but check the headroom of the rear bunks.

roger
Hi Darrell, I guess my recommendation depends on how much you like German caravans. My wife and I recently bought our first caravan, and our main requirements, was there had to be a seperate bedroom area for our one year old, where we could shut the door and he could sleep. After nearly buying a couple of second hand Lunars and an Avondale, and losing a small deposit on the way, we eventually settled for a German TEC 535TK. This has a seperate rear bedroom with two fixed bunks and a small single diner that turns into a third bunk. There is a sliding door to close off this area and a kitchen, washroom and double dinette at the front.

Actually, it was my wife who chose the caravan, she had done no research, had no preconceptions and no agenda. She looked around a load of caravans, liked the Lunar, but chose the TEC. when I asked her why, she said it had more light than any of the others, it was better built and she thought it would be more practical to live in and keep clean. I was a bit worried, as I had done my research, about the door being on the wrong side etc.,but in the end it is better not to argue with She who must be obeyed.

The TEC does not come with either an oven or a 12V battery, but does have an internal water tank. Also it has a gas heater, but I got this swapped for a gas/electric model at no charge. It also has an external hatch to access the underbunk storage area, which I think I will turn into a wet locker.

The caravan cost me

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, originally posted this as a comment, meant to post it as a reply...!!

Hi Darrell, I guess my recommendation depends on how much you like German caravans. My wife and I recently bought our first caravan, and our main requirements, was there had to be a seperate bedroom area for our one year old, where we could shut the door and he could sleep. After nearly buying a couple of second hand Lunars and an Avondale, and losing a small deposit on the way, we eventually settled for a German TEC 535TK. This has a seperate rear bedroom with two fixed bunks and a small single diner that turns into a third bunk. There is a sliding door to close off this area and a kitchen, washroom and double dinette at the front.

Actually, it was my wife who chose the caravan, she had done no research, had no preconceptions and no agenda. She looked around a load of caravans, liked the Lunar, but chose the TEC. when I asked her why, she said it had more light than any of the others, it was better built and she thought it would be more practical to live in and keep clean. I was a bit worried, as I had done my research, about the door being on the wrong side etc.,but in the end it is better not to argue with She who must be obeyed.

The TEC does not come with either an oven or a 12V battery, but does have an internal water tank. Also it has a gas heater, but I got this swapped for a gas/electric model at no charge. It also has an external hatch to access the underbunk storage area, which I think I will turn into a wet locker.

The caravan cost me

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Strange that, my Mrs was fine with it but I wasn't allowed to have a view !! In the end, we came to the conclusion that with two young kids and two dogs, it was likely to get knackered anyway! Each to their own as they say. Happy hunting
lol sounds like our wifes are related.. when she wants my opinion she gives it to me..

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site

The caravan cost me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi Darrell,

We too have just changed for our five berth to a new Bailey ranger 550/6. We only have good praise regarding the van the build quality and overall design is excellent. Looked at the zenith, but it did not do it for us, each to their own.. Good luck with your choice..

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
hi Darrell, I have just been into my local dealer and had a look around the new sterling europa 600, what a van it has side fixed bunks a very large toilet and shower room at the back with ample storage and all comes for less than

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about looking at the Ace Aristocrat 570 a Barrons Special Based on th Jubilee Courier. good layout on the Rear bunks there are three lights for the kids to read with a door on the rear off side for access to under bunk storage etc. and also a large roof light to stop the condensation problems some or the other vans suffer from. there is the normal Dinett / Double bunks and the front Double bed with the chest. Storage is ample. the van has External Power points in the wet box, BBQ point, Ally wheels, Extra heavy duty Legs under the Van, Single axel, Alko Hitch, CD/Radio, the Toilet area has an fully enclosed Shower with GRP Walls, Roof light directly over the shower All this brand new 2005 for

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
We have just swapped our 5-berth Lunar Solar for a Bailey Ranger 550/6 and are delighted with it. We asked our dealer about the Lunar Zenith 6 but in his opinion it was a cheaper quality van and recommened the Ranger. Had to wait a few weeks for it to be made but it is really practical and has loads of storage space. Only annoyance is the front locker won't take a 40-litre Aquaroll - daft! We also really liked the single-axle Sterling Europa 540 - more luxurious but about

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
How about looking at the Ace Aristocrat 570 a Barrons Special Based on th Jubilee Courier. good layout on the Rear bunks there are three lights for the kids to read with a door on the rear off side for access to under bunk storage etc. and also a large roof light to stop the condensation problems some or the other vans suffer from. there is the normal Dinett / Double bunks and the front Double bed with the chest. Storage is ample. the van has External Power points in the wet box, BBQ point, Ally wheels, Extra heavy duty Legs under the Van, Single axel, Alko Hitch, CD/Radio, the Toilet area has an fully enclosed Shower with GRP Walls, Roof light directly over the shower All this brand new 2005 for

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have just swapped our 5-berth Lunar Solar for a Bailey Ranger 550/6 and are delighted with it. We asked our dealer about the Lunar Zenith 6 but in his opinion it was a cheaper quality van and recommened the Ranger. Had to wait a few weeks for it to be made but it is really practical and has loads of storage space. Only annoyance is the front locker won't take a 40-litre Aquaroll - daft! We also really liked the single-axle Sterling Europa 540 - more luxurious but about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lol sounds like our wifes are related.. when she wants my opinion she gives it to me..
hi darrell, we looked at 6 berths earlier this year, decided on the dart 556/6, some good dealer specials of this model around, we settled on the shiredale from reads in blackburn, been away three times already its a great family van with the dealers extras thrown in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts