Which Towing Mirrors?

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
We've just secured our new tow car, a 2013 BMW 520d Touring, and we collect it next Monday. We'd like to try and get away as soon as we pick it up so trying to find out which towing mirrors will fit this vehicle.

I'm hoping any current or past owners may be able to share which mirrors they used as from what I can see on photos the glass seems to fit tight in the casing.

Thanks

Rich

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I dont have a BMW, but if the glass is not too deeply recessed in the mirror, I can recommed the "Suck-it-and-see" Delux mirror. It uses a sucker direct onto the mirror face with a safety lanyard around the body. The delux has a small extra mirror on the sucker control which acts as a blind spot mirror. YOu can then use the mirror control to adjust you view.
Suck-it-and-see

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't you just wish you could buy Mirrors and try them before committing. I know we can always return if not fit for purpose but how many of us do.

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
I've read lots of good things about the Milenco Aero, these would probably be my first choice but I wasn't sure how they'd fit the BMW mirrors

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Milenco do say the new models have revised clamps that fit the new angled edges on modern cars. My old ones would not stay on without a belt round the fixed mirror to hold it in place. My feeling is to see if the local dealer will let you try them on to check.

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
I think that's what I'll have to do, we wanted to try and have everything ready before collecting the car but such is life. We have a local shop, Jacksons Of Arley, and they're great for things like that, apparently they have a box of demo mirrors. And failing that our GoOutdoors has the suck it and see ones that have been mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts