Which type of caravanner are you?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Well I stop in a Supermarket car park somewhere in France on the way down to Spain every February!

It has a resturant open to 23.00hrs, free wifi, toilets, huge supermarket, filling station and security patrols during the night who have never asked me to leave.
Cost = Zero
Ill stop anywhere…… even Practical Caravan Rallies
smiley-wink.gif

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Last time l looked at my bookings l have twelve sites booked 4 for ten day trips the rest for long weekends, we tend to visit Blackshaw Moore site at least 8 times a year besides those all ready booked has its only 15 miles from home and you can always get a pitch at short notice, l feel its better than Chatsworth or Grinlow has you have the roaches to walk round Tittlesworth reservoir and only a stone throw from the peak district Buxton Hartington and Longnor to name but a few. We find that for those short weekends away its good to have site nearby to go to so l disagree with those that say to use different sites after all if you enjoy site why not return.
NigelH

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
joeby wrote:

i am going to try a CL by the river Thames which LB recomended

Jog my memory joby. Are you sure it was me? I've never stopped at a CL by the Thames but we did stop at one in Oxfordshire, just north of Oxford which I'd recommend. That was alongside the river Cherwell but I don't know if the fishing was any good.
This is the farm CL that is mentioned on this link ....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi LB the site was Northfield Farm Water Eaton Kidlington Oxfordshire , as long as its by a river that suites me ,

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
joeby said:
Hi LB the site was Northfield Farm Water Eaton Kidlington Oxfordshire , as long as its by a river that suites me ,

Ahhh ok joby.
There are actually two CLs, one with and one without EHU. Both are large and the river runs alongside both of them. The non EHU site is before you go over the railway hump back bridge and get to the farmhouse. This one seems even bigger than the one with EHU. You can buy venison from the farm if you want because they farm deer. There is a slight traffic hum from the A34 despite the site being about one mile, along a concrete farm track, from the A34. It's not intrusive though and neither is the railway line.
Let me know if you catch anything.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Thanks LB i shall print that off , i dont mind about the traffic we go to bed late and after a few glasses of the amber nectar , i wint hear a thing

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
We are members of both clubs and tend to use cls & cs sites. They have all stated members only but we have never been asked for our membership no. In fact the only time we were asked, was on our only stay on cc site.

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
We tried booking on the Caravan Club site two hours after booking opened last week and found that the two sites we hoped to book for a week and a fortnight respectively were already partly fully booked for those dates by weekenders booking Friday and Saturday nights only. So, we couldn't go unless we were prepared to forego the weekends. Surely the Caravan Club must be losing out if people wanting to book a full week are prevented from doing so by those who block book weekends...?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Dear Oldgirl - what about the "weekenders" that can't book a weekend as only the Saturday night is free. Maybe the "weekers" should book weeks which don't include arriving/departing on a Saturday - this would fill some of the empty Saturday nights and you can still book your week.
There does seem to be on this forum the train of thought that you are entitled to get on whichever site you want at whatever time and sod anybody else - especially the dreaded "weekenders".

P.S I booked 7 sites yesterday,including the bankholidays in 10 minutes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts