Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a good powerful vaccuum for the caravan. It has to be the sort of thing to stay with the caravan and probably be used whilst still on site with the mains.

We need something powerful as we have dogs, so theres lots of hair to pick up.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
We use a cheap Vax cylinder cleaner that is very compact with good suction and will fit in the bottom of the wardrobe for transport.

Martin.

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
We recently purchased the hand held dyson, it's a bit expensive but well worth it. The machine is compact, powerful and can be used in the car and at home. compared with other hand held vacs it takes a lot less time to charge.

Check out the prices on Amazon we got one for

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I recently suggested in a letter to the CC that all their sites had a vacumn cleaner for hire. I suggested that if they were not interested maybe they could encourage their wardens into a private enterprise where they could make a bit on the side ! Who want's to cart a great big cleaner about ? Most of us would appreciate a quick clean before moving to the next site.

The answer I was sent was that the idea "had been noted". What that may lead to, who knows.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
In my experience comments like "has been noted" usually mean that it has been either been thrown in the bin OR someone from the organisation claims it as their idea.

Steve

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hiring out a cleaner as a little earner for the wardens is in principle a good idea but think of the H&S implications involved. Having the cost of Inspectors to, every so often, risk assess the cleaner and electricians to check and accredit that it is safe for the public to use. Then the cost of insuring the cleaner against accidents to others. All this and the hire charge is escalalating :O(

G

Get a van without carpets, much more hygienic. Plus you won't get a worn path down the middle.

My domestic cleaner?? tells me that 5 minutes on her knees and the lot is done. Makes me sweat watching and I usually retire to the awning with a beer.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
LB... you right about the health and safety aspect, which I hadn't thought about.

I couldn't believe it when I took my laptop(company issue) into HO and they wouldn't let me use it for a presentation until the plug had been checked. On another occasion I made the mistake of answering, when asked, that I hadn't seen the Health and Safety video. I had to endure 20 minutes of this garbage just to be instructed on how to climb the staircase and use the hand rail

Vacumn cleaner hire..... It's a non starter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts