Whilst the fur flies.....

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Whilst the forum seems to have reduced to personal verbal attacks which seem to have lost any relevance to caravanning,I suffered a physical attack on my caravan ( see the thread below re vandalized) I was disappointed that no one responded so I could let the police have the approximate costs involved.

For your information one window, official size 600mm x 350mm cost £160 including carriage. Ouch !

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rioja, whilst I understand your disappointment, Ithink the problem is, unless a user has the exact same model as your van, prices can vary enormously, and to give a misleading price may be worse than none at all.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hola,

Rioja - if you need a guideline price in the future take a look at http://www.caravanpartsonline.co.uk/

But as Damian says if it's a standard size then it's easy to find a price - but if it's non-standard then a custom window needs to be made then these can be twice as expensive or more.

Robert

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Del Boy

Never on a Sunday,a Sunday,a Sunday....giving my age away !

The service departments who deal with spares all have Sunday off !

I wanted to get the price before my little friends parents were contacted by the police.... you never no, they might feel an inclination to pay !

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Robert

Thanks for the parts website.My size wasn't on it, and their prices were even dearer !

I phoned Lunar who put me on to Myriad who source their parts it appears. The lady at Lunar gave me the code numbers for my window. One is for dealing direct, the other for sourcing through a dealer. I guessed that the direct option was the cheaper but didn't ask ( You never know, perhaps dealers get a frequent use discount ?), however, the nice lady at Myriad gave me an extra 10% discount for saving them the effort of finding the part number and it should be delivered by Wednesday. I am hoping I can fit it myself to save my hard earned, but until I see what I have to do I'm not too sure ! I hope that when you unscrew the window strut, the plastic pane will slide out of the top to be replaced by the new one. If it involves putting the whole window in I'm not sure if I should tackle it as I am more Kenny Everett than Barry Bucknall.... giving away my age yet again !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts