Whitby, North Yorks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barney

don't know what you are after. We stayed at the CC site at Low Moor. Its about 5 miles from Whitby. No facilities, but a nice quiet relaxing site.

We would stay again....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney, as Ken says Low Moor is a nice site but does not have a toilet block. Alternatively Lady Cross Plantation near Egton or Northcliffe Park at Hawsker are both worth a look at.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Barney, We stayed at Ladycross Plantation last year. Really nice quiet grassy site in the countryside outside Whitby, with nice clean toilet block & electric hook ups. Grass pitches were mostly fine when we were there but looked like some could get a bit soft in wet weather. If heading for Whitby dont forget to book for the Magpie Cafe - best fish and chips Ive ever had but the queue outside for those that had not booked was amazing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney, We stayed at Ladycross Plantation last year. Really nice quiet grassy site in the countryside outside Whitby, with nice clean toilet block & electric hook ups. Grass pitches were mostly fine when we were there but looked like some could get a bit soft in wet weather. If heading for Whitby dont forget to book for the Magpie Cafe - best fish and chips Ive ever had but the queue outside for those that had not booked was amazing.
You are right about the Magpie David, they have now opened a takeaway next door to the restaurant.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sandfield House Farm at Sandsend. Have tried many of the others, but would not go anywhere esle now. Fantastic views. Spotless site. Walk along sea wall to Whitby for those Fish and Chips from the Magpie cafe. Heaven.

They have a web site.

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
Grouse Hill park just behind the Flask pub on the A174 is a smashing site with good facilities, hard standing or grass with hookups and really nice staff. The last time I stayed I had to leave suddenly during the night due to business probs so I sent the site keys back by post and they kindly returned my key deposit by post! A large site surrounded by woodland on a hill.

Good for access to whitby and the coastline

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Barney

just down the road is the c&cc scarborough site 2 mins from northend and do you know about the caravan route to get there the A170 of the A19.Ian.L

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barney,

There is a C&CC club C.S. at Sneaton just outside Whitby about 2 miles down the road from the C.C site. Toilet & Shower. Terrific views over Whitby and to the Abbey. Ice Cream Parlour and small shop on site. (Ice Cream & Cream teas to die for)

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts