Whitecliffe Bay I.O.W.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We are hopefully going to book a couple of weeks at this site in September as they are doing a cracking deal with the ferry. Has any one been to this site and if so, is there good access for a twin axle outfit, we have looked at other sites on the island but the reviews and access have not been very good. thanks in anticipation. Carol.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Access to Whitecliff is no different to any other of the sites on the Island, with the exception of Adgestone C&CC site which is difficult.
Whitecliff itself is divided into 3 areas, the lower flatish field is the dog field, which as its name suggests is where people with dogs are located.
The ret of the site is terraced and all the vans have to have the towhitch nearest the roadways which means some are looking away from the view and into a line of trees.
The roadways are not tarmac, they are loose gravel and not very well kept up, so beware potholes.

What other sites did you look at and why did you not choose one of them?

May 17, 2010
Visit site
we looked at all sites available on the island and this one is offering a week for £149.00 including the ferry- If we booked with the
C.& C.C. the prices for the sites are still more expensive and ferry alone costs £156.00 , As we have 2 dogs looks like we will get the better flat fields , but if you know of any better deals/ suggestions we would appreciate any recomendations.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We went to whitecliff a few years ago with our twin axle van and had a very nice break there. The dog field is big and you have plenty of room on the pitches. As Damien said, the road ways are gravel and you will be pitching on grass but to be honest the views don't matter too much as you'll probably be out til dusk anyway as there is so much to do on the island. When we were there there was no strick rule on pitch direction and as we were in a 4 van group we set the two middle vans side on to the pitch. The warden team were all very helpfull. My only gripe was that the main leisure facility was across the road in the static park area which was a fair walk from our pitch.
We used Red Funnel for our deal and 149 for a week including the ferry is good value, we had 4 nights & ferry for £112 back then.
I certainly wwould go back there again as we still want to see more of the isle of wight.

Where ever you go on the island, the roads can be tight but to be honest once you step off the ferry, you're in a different world where speed and pace swap for steady and carefull. Our outfit was 39ft long overall and I had a 2 wheel drive tow car but we didn't have any bother either on the roads or on the site.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
steveinleo said:
Where ever you go on the island, the roads can be tight but to be honest once you step off the ferry, you're in a different world where speed and pace swap for steady and carefull. Our outfit was 39ft long overall and I had a 2 wheel drive tow car but we didn't have any bother either on the roads or on the site.

......I used to deliver Kelloggs products all around the Island in a 50ft articulated truck.
You would be surprised where you can get with large vehicles......taking breakfast cereals or ice cream cones and wafers to some of the holiday parks could be interesting.

I found the Islanders to be very laid back..... I can remember completely blocking Ryde High Street whilst making a delivery of 100 boxes of ice cream cones....Passers-by and held up drivers all joined in to help the shop staff store the delivery which took about 3 minutes.
I was thinking 'security issues and abuse'....not a bit of it there was real community spirit of getting the job done.
All goods signed for and quickly on my way.....that would never have happen on the mainland.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Sorry to jump in on this discussion but we are off to the IOW in a couple of days we are off to the Orchards and are getting the ferry to Fishbourne do any of you know how long the journey is from Fishbourne to the campsite.
Many Thanks!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........around 12 miles or about 30 minutes.

If you have never used the Portsmouth - Fishbourne ferry before you need to watch the signage for the route after the end of the M275 at Portsmouth. (a satnav would be useful)
You will be in traffic and need to be in the right lane at various roundabouts and traffic lights.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Francis - and Gaffer Bill - Glad that you did jump in on this discussion as we will be coming/going from Portsmouth - to Fishbourne
so your comments were appreciated. So please let us know how you got on - we could not get into the Orchards until after 24th September as they were fully booked. Thank you Steve in Leo comments much appreciated - as we will probably not use much of the other facilities on the other side of the site, should not be too much of a problem. We like to have a glass or two in the Van and just enjoy the evenings doing nothing but chilling out. or walking with the dogs. Thanks to you all for positive feed back will now book up tomorrow. Thanks again. Carol

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My Mate goes to this site every year and for 14 Nights and ferry £249 and he loves it and he likes fishing so have a great time ....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts