Who are we??

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
From someone who mainly just reads the posts I recognise all the familliar names that crop up all the time on all forums.It would be good to know a little more about everyone-- just a little.

So This is me : From Co.Durham, Firefighter, Bailey Pageant Provence,3 kids,Fave site is Wild Rose in Appelby.

Any info is ok, don't be shy

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A very good question. I have been trying to work out who I am for many years. I fancy a mid-life crisis, but apparently I need to finish the previous one first.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Val & Frank

Frank 60 this year, Val considerable younger,Frank from Accrington Lancs, Val from Ynysybwl S Wales !!! Now living in Aberdeen

2 children 34/28 ( having a little money keeps you in touch with your children ) 1 Grandaughter ( brand new )

Bessacarr Cameo/Toyota LC

Retired, Oil/Power Industry

Hobby tracing family tree, soon photography ( course starts next month )

Val & Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Val & Frank

Frank 60 this year, Val considerable younger,Frank from Accrington Lancs, Val from Ynysybwl S Wales !!! Now living in Aberdeen

2 children 34/28 ( having a little money keeps you in touch with your children ) 1 Grandaughter ( brand new )

Bessacarr Cameo/Toyota LC

Retired, Oil/Power Industry

Hobby tracing family tree, soon photography ( course starts next month )

Val & Frank
ps Don't feel like I'm 60 more like 35 I think !!!

Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Introductions! Haven't done one of these for some time. So......

Hi, I'm Lol, SWMBO is called Gaye.

Recent ex caravaner's, now motorhomers.

Kids all flown the nest, but they still keep turning up.

Still working (pension is still along way off) telecoms cables is my game.

Biggest flaw, susceptible to rash decisions.

Second biggest flaw, not admitting to them.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hiya,

Were Andy and Julie(obviously),

From Hartlepool

we have a 5 series padgent provence

only been vanning for a year but camped for years before

love weekends away around harrogate(not to far)

thinking of trying continental vanning this year,

Oh and when im not slowing people down towing on country roads im slowing them down even more in my crane.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - live in Sunderland Tyne and Wear

Christian name - Fred. - Wife - Sheila

Ages 71 & 70 respectively.

2006 Coachman VIP520/4 tugged by Mercedes ML270 CDi Auto.

Have camped and caravanned from the 1970's.

love travel and photography and may I say it my wife too.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We live near Dereham in Norfolk.

Me Wendy, OH Richard, both in our 50s.

Two children 26 & 28, both with spouses, but still return home, and cost money!!

One new grand daughter, she costs a packet! Lol

Besscarr caravan and Disco 3 to tow it!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We live near Dereham in Norfolk.

Me Wendy, OH Richard, both in our 50s.

Two children 26 & 28, both with spouses, but still return home, and cost money!!

One new grand daughter, she costs a packet! Lol

Besscarr caravan and Disco 3 to tow it!
Forgot to add..... I'm still working, part time, just! OH is winding down!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What a good idea, sconny.

Emmerson,64 next week( though you don't have to believe it), Herself Anne, of indeterminate age,but thinks she's still 18

Kids 42 & 40, grandson 10(and expensive)

Van: Royale Rangemaster, believed to be the only one made

Car: Range Rover Classic Lse on LPG.Live in GOC

Been caravaning since before most of you!!

Obviously, retired, and loving every minute of it!!

Oh, and I chair the Royale Owner's Club, and enjoy single malts!!

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Malcolm (beemermal) significant other is Carol (hates computers)

I'm 59 and Carol is? (can't tell a ladies age!)

Made redundant 5 years ago so decided to retire on Company Pension. Baker by trade, last 20 years in Supermarket H/O Instore Bakery Department. (I can taste the difference since I left)

Two boys, 30 and 33 (and the 33 year old is still at home?)

Caravanning started in mid Seventies for 15 years then we had a break, missed it and started again in 1995 once the boys were doing their own holiday thing.

Current outfit is: BMW X5 3.0d and an Abbey Spectrum 535.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Malcolm (beemermal) significant other is Carol (hates computers)

I'm 59 and Carol is? (can't tell a ladies age!)

Made redundant 5 years ago so decided to retire on Company Pension. Baker by trade, last 20 years in Supermarket H/O Instore Bakery Department. (I can taste the difference since I left)

Two boys, 30 and 33 (and the 33 year old is still at home?)

Caravanning started in mid Seventies for 15 years then we had a break, missed it and started again in 1995 once the boys were doing their own holiday thing.

Current outfit is: BMW X5 3.0d and an Abbey Spectrum 535.
Forgot to add we live on the Essex/Suffolk borders. Spend about 3 months a year taking our our van to Spain.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
cris- self employed toy boy as I'm two years younger than Maureen who's an education managerial consultant after 30 odd years in teaching. Our kids have long gone, eldest 27 youngest 23 and no grandchildren, my kids say they have more sense. We live in Hampshire and the tow car is an R class awaiting tow bar and a new caravan when my boss decides what she wants.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
I'm Martin and the better half is Maxine. We have a 2 year old son and live in Staffordshire.

Have a Bailey Ranger 470/4 that we pull with a Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi Sport.

Been vanning for 2 years now but did 6 years as a child with my parents on North Staffs centre rallies!

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Name..John age 61

Retired clockmaker

Wife Ann ( a 'puter hater)

2 sons 23 & 20

Location Hampshire

Came up into caravaning last year having worked through from the oneman tent to where we are today.

Car.. Suzuki Grand Vitata XL 4 years old

`van.. Trigano Rubis 420 popup 2006 model

Interests..yes many

Certified G.O.M.

Favourite holiday areas ..Forest of Dean, New Forest, East Sussex, Cotswolds

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello

i'm Will (39) wife is Debbie (38)

2 children Hannah 13 , Reece 6

we live in Wigan

I work on the railway, overhead lines, Debbie works in banking

Car Landrover discovery

caravan Avondale Dart 510-5

Just booked Stanwix for the 19-23 Feb

We like Cumbria for long w/ends and short breaks and Cornwall for longer summer breaks.

Will

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

We are Robert (52) and Brenda (51) and live in rural Buckinghamshire and Holland.

Brenda works in ICT for a multi-national photographic company.

Me, I'm joint owner of a group of companies with headquarters in Rotterdam - we build process control analysers for the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industry, and a computer applications and biotechnology businesses. I also have the pleasure to represent the UK in Europe on motor vehicle fuel standards and test procedures.

Favourite site - Pencelli Castle near the Brecon Beacons, Camping Blaarmeersen near Gent, and Camping les Capucines in Brittany.

Caravan: Eriba Triton 410 and a Mercedes E-class V6 CDI diesel tow-car

Robert and Brenda

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

We are Robert (52) and Brenda (51) and live in rural Buckinghamshire and Holland.

Brenda works in ICT for a multi-national photographic company.

Me, I'm joint owner of a group of companies with headquarters in Rotterdam - we build process control analysers for the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industry, and a computer applications and biotechnology businesses. I also have the pleasure to represent the UK in Europe on motor vehicle fuel standards and test procedures.

Favourite site - Pencelli Castle near the Brecon Beacons, Camping Blaarmeersen near Gent, and Camping les Capucines in Brittany.

Caravan: Eriba Triton 410 and a Mercedes E-class V6 CDI diesel tow-car

Robert and Brenda
Hi Robert

I did not realise you were in that industry you could perhaps answer a question for me.

I have a mid fifties Hillman that requires 4 star fuel. At the moment I use an additive with regular unleaded which works fine but Iis messy. I have often wondered if some of the 'super' types of fuels sold by some of the petrol companies could be used without the additive but have assumed as they are still unleaded that this is perhaps not the case. I'm an ex mechanic so I know I could remove the head and fit valve seats but I'm loathed to fix something that aint broke. I have also studied fuels, although not in depth, as part of a science degree, so I know a little about how octane numbers are worked out and about the various chemical chains that make up petrol. Am I right to assume I must stick to the additive.

Thanks

Martyn

PS I can buy 4 star locally but its

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Chelsea and Hubby

Age - both 30 something !

location - Devon

Occupation - me - airline passenger service agent

hubby - live poultry catcher

No kids, very hairy German Shepherd dog, 2 pet chickens and pond fish

Caravan - Bailey Regency (50th anniversary Edition Senator)

Car - Freelander TD4

Favourite Sites - Old Oaks and Wareham forest & we go to the scottish highlands every year in a cottage.

Hobbies - Been watching Chelsea fc (at stamford bridge) since '96, like to unwind by walking the dog, caravanning lots, enjoy the outdoor life, nature and animals. Also like to nag husband and keep him organised !! :)

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I am Simon aged 35, the other half is Gabrielle aged 28, she works for Revenue & customs [someone has to!] and I did an apprenticeship with BMW, moving to Toyota, Landrover and ford dealers before moving on to trucks and now I run an HGV workshop looking after a fleet of trucks.

We have no kids [too young for them!] but a 16 month old Siberian Husky called Poppy who goes everywhere with us and loves all the windows in the caravan as she is very nosey [typical female!]

We have been caravanning for a few years now and use the van all year, we currently have a 2004 Mercedes ML270CDI auto pulling a 2007 Fleetwood Heritage 640ES.

spj.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm Arbuthnot Perigrew Braykewynde, peer of the realm and a Marcher Lord, protector of English Asses against the marauding Welsh led by Collwyn of Brydjend and Clyffe of Caerdydd.

I am married to the Lady Jean and have been so for my troubles for 40 years. We reside at Screwemm Hall, Hereford in the Welsh Marches.

We have two sons, one daughter and six grandchildren.

O.K. enough of the crap, I'm Chris and I'm 61 years old. Not wanting to get into trouble incase she reads this I wont mention my wife Jeans age but she a year younger than me. We have three children, one back home after his relationship broke up and six grandchildren. We also have two Miniature Schnauzers and a Lasa Apso who go away everywhere with us.I retired early from the Ambulance Service due to an injury whilst out on a call but am not missing all the sh*t that went with the job especially on drunk patrol at weekends picking them up out of the gutter where they'd been thrown by the club bouncers. It's not funny having to clean vomit from the back of an ambulance, diced carrots get in every nook and cranny :O( 12 hour shifts didn't go down well either at my age. With my payout we bought a new Abbey GTS Vogue 217 and upgraded my car to a VW Passat auto estate. In the 3 years we have been caravanning we have been from Penzance to John 'O' Groats and we love it. At home I love spending time on my computer, either messing around with the photos I take, this forum, general surfing or where I spend most time, as a Moderator in a chat/games room. Outside I love my garden but it does get neglected now we spend so much time away in the caravan. I like reading, mainly railway magazines of the steam days, I like the nostalgia and it takes me back to when I was a fireman at Hereford Motive Power Depot. Recently whilst at Cirencester Park C.C. site I visited the Swindon Railway Museum, which was the old loco works, while my wife went to the shopping centre. It was here as a 16 year old I attended for a medical and after passing was given my overalls and tunic. In the museum there were two loco's I had actually worked on and when I climbed onto the footplate I was taken back years. I wondered where all the years had gone and I kid you not I actually had a tear in my eye :O( I felt really sad. Now my wife Jeans hobbies, hmmmm hard one, probably telling me what to do :O) Thankfully she loves the caravan life too.

Gawd I'm out of breath after typing that lot :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert aged 55, wife Maureen 53ish.

Have lived in Aberdeen all my life (not dead yet).

2 sons aged 33 & 32, both still at home, hence the reason we go away with the caravan.

Bailey Pageant Normandie & Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0.

Have been caravanning since early eighties.

Favourite sites are Loch Insch CL nr Huntly & Englethwaite Hall at Carlisle.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi all im Joe 61 years old born in Clerkenwell London lived in the Putney area until i was in my 20's ,moved to Farnborough Hampshire 1972 and we moved to Swansea in south Wales in 2002 ,my wife Jill is 3 years younger than me she is a housewife and i am a self employed part time Bricklayer & Aerial erector , we have 1 boy & 2 girls and 7 grand children,been caravanning for over 10 years, we go all year round ,our current outfit is a Senator Indiana towed by a Ford Mondeo Estate 130 TDCI or a 2.7 Nissan Terrano ,my favourite sites are the Old Oaks Glastonbury , and Lucksall caravan park Mordiford Hereford

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
...... that's the idea folks , keep it up.

If I may just add to mine; Pull Bailey series 5 with X-trail, Im 40 the wife is 35 But works part-time due to her MS. Three Daughters 14,11and 5

We go to the Edinburgh Tattoo every year, My hobbies...well im learning to play the Bagpipes !!!!

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Robert

I did not realise you were in that industry you could perhaps answer a question for me.

I have a mid fifties Hillman that requires 4 star fuel. At the moment I use an additive with regular unleaded which works fine but Iis messy. I have often wondered if some of the 'super' types of fuels sold by some of the petrol companies could be used without the additive but have assumed as they are still unleaded that this is perhaps not the case. I'm an ex mechanic so I know I could remove the head and fit valve seats but I'm loathed to fix something that aint broke. I have also studied fuels, although not in depth, as part of a science degree, so I know a little about how octane numbers are worked out and about the various chemical chains that make up petrol. Am I right to assume I must stick to the additive.

Thanks

Martyn

PS I can buy 4 star locally but its

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts