Who is in the club

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
psssttt! colin?? - you wouldn't be softening me up and trying to make me drop my guard ready for the invasion are you ;O)
My Lord Braykewynde, don't you know that it's rude to whisper in company? "pssst, colin" indeed!!If you have something to say, then say it!

Feb 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We are in both the CC and C&CC.We find that standards are higher with the CC - washrooms are better quality, roads around the site tend to be tarmac with no pot holes and pitches tend to be level. Anything that makes setting up a bit easier is welcome as my mother and I often tow our vans on our own with the men coming at weekends when they can get away from work.

Having said that we have noticed that people at C&CC sites are friendlier. There always seem to be more people chatting with their 'neighbours'.

On the down side the three times we have encountered trouble on sites all three have been at C&CC sites.

1.Luss- teenagers in tents drinking,shouting and running about until after 2am. When we went outside the next morning we found sick at the side of our van.(unfortunately we were pitched between the tent area and the toilet block)

2.Moffat- people in a tent, drinking and using the car stereo as a sound system, doors open so they could here it in their tent. This went on until 10.20 when after repeatedly being asked by the warden to be quiet, they eventually switched it off. They then went inside their tent and shouted loudly that we were all 'a bunch of boring b****rds'.Charming!

3.Speyside- a chap sitting in his awning playing an electric guitar. Again the warden had to intervene.

So on the whole we try and stick to the CC.

I've also just found out I am now in an entirly different sort of club - looks like we might need a bigger van!!

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We are in the CCC and use the carefree booking but not the ferry as it can be cheaper doing it yourself. Insurance we find is much dearer. We like the club sites but would prefer them to have members only on them.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We are with the Caravan Club and spend almost all our short breaks and even longer holidays on their CL's. We have found nothing but friendliness from fellow caravanners and motorhomers on all the CL's we have visited and often ended up sharing information and recommendations. Many of the wardens have become friends too.

We just wish there were more of them - it's frightening the way many are closing down. Maybe the Caravan Club should start an advertising campaign aimed at landowners and farmers. The National Trust could certainly generate more income by having more. Some of the larger NT properties we visit, more often than not have a small field tucked away which would make an ideal 5-van site.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We are currently in both clubs but are pulling out of the C&CC this year. We have not used their facilities at all last year as they always seemed sadly lacking. We only returned 3 years ago after taking 8 years out. Some sites haven't improved in all that time and some have actually worsened. We are sticking with the CC!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello salad dodger, We belatedly started caravanning 5 years ago. We were told that the CC facilities were very good but that members could be a bit snooty. We were told that the CCC was more family oriented and friendly but the facilities weren't always as good as the CC. We joined the CC and have never looked back. I have always found wardens and caravanners very friendly. Not having the best bathroom facilities in our 'van we make full use of the toilet blocks which are always a very high standard. I've no reason to look elsewhere as the sites are very good value for money. Best wishes, George T.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts