Who Loves There Bailey Caravan ?

Apr 11, 2007
Visit site
Come on lots of bad things have been said about Bailey Caravans.There must be caravanners like me who LOVE our Bailey Caravan.

l have a Ranger 510/4 never had a problem, layout fantastic and light weight

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
We must love ours. We are now eagerly awaiting delivery of our Pageant Bretagne Series 6 (even though we cant pronounce it) which we have swapped for our Ranger 500/5.

We did have some problems with our Ranger, but Bailey dealt with them so well under warranty that we didnt seriously consider other brands beyond a brief look round at local dealers.

Never expected to say this, but we also had a very pleasant buying experience at Barrons in Coppull, and a very reasonable part ex price on the Ranger.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
and before anyone takes offence about the word proper i am refering to roof hight equipmet level and space being 6ft 2in and after spending 3mths looking for a light weight van settled on the bailley and it was cheaper too

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
To tell the truth I can't remember reading many complaints about Baileys. The Warrenty and customer service is second only to powrtouch and after owning a fleetwood and an Ace I dont think I would change back from our current bailey Carolina.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
We've had our 2 years old Ranger 470/4 for a year now and have enjoyed every minute with it.

In fact, we've been so impressed by Bailey, that we're looking to change it for a Pageant Bretagne next year.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
After a succession of Eldiss caravans (loved the designs and layouts, but oh, the build "quality"), we bought a new Senator Oklahoma in July last year. No longer do I need to travel with an extensive tool-kit, supplies of wood glue etc etc..........

So to answer your question "who loves their Bailey" - we do :)

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
We do!

After many years the trusty old Castleton was traded in for a new Indiana last November.

After the build quality of the Castleton we were a bit aprehensive about the "quality" of the Bailey, whilst it's true there's been some minor teething problems (nothing serious), overall we're very pleased with the sales and after sales service from both the dealer (Chichester caravans at Nutbourne) and Bailey's.

We just love the space, the layout & the light & airey feel.

Jan & GeorgeB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our Oklahoma is the best van we have owned. As has been said earlier the after sales support by Bailey is second to none. You get the impression they really care about your business.

Oct 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi we love our new Bailey Burgundy Series 6.

Plenty of room to move around and loads of storage under fix bed.

Allyson
Hi Allyson we also have burgundy series 6 how do u find it any little niggles or is everything ok?

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
had a Bailey imperial until last year changed to a new avondale dart now changed back to Bailey ser.6 monarch expensive exercise but boy was it worth it yes we love our bailey

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have a 510/4 also and in the time we have had it, 2 yrs,

Its had a complete new front panel, stress cracks both sides at the end screws top roof joining bar.

Shorted 12v system due to uninsulated light fitting.

Rear sink pipe came off and had to be reglued.

And if you have a spare wheel carrier fitted with the Alko side lift jack, forget it, you cant remove the carrier and spare wheel with the jack in position. Thats Alko not Bailey fault.

Still havn't found a van I like better though and don't intend swapping.

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a 98 ranger 460/2 for 9 years now and a big fan of the 460/2 however have noticed over the last 2 years or so they have changed their design for instance I detest the one piece front window on the ranger series. And recently there have been

some complaints on this forum re water ingress/cracking panels which leads me to believe maybe the new roof design needs looking at - I was going to buy a new one this year but now will hold fire - until I am sure they have improved on the build quality. Certainly between 1998-2004 they were excellent.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a 98 ranger 460/2 for 9 years now and a big fan of the 460/2 however have noticed over the last 2 years or so they have changed their design for instance I detest the one piece front window on the ranger series. And recently there have been

some complaints on this forum re water ingress/cracking panels which leads me to believe maybe the new roof design needs looking at - I was going to buy a new one this year but now will hold fire - until I am sure they have improved on the build quality. Certainly between 1998-2004 they were excellent.
Hi Everyone,Yes we love our Baileys Pageant Champagne very much its a absolute dream to tow,the build is brilliant,the facilities inside are very best,ite cumfy, its airy,a very well designed caravan,its the first bailey we've ever had and it won't be the last excellent value for your money.Jim

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
We bought a new S5 Pageant Bordeaux in Spring 2005 and have been extremley pleased with it. There have been a couple of things that were done under warranty ( anti condensation borads fitted, and oven rear vent modification to reduce internal haet load) and both were carried out by our supplying dealer (Chipping Sodbury Caravans. Servicing costs are reasonable and we hav ehad nothing break or go wrong. So all in all very pleased.

Other Clive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep We Love it.

Apart from not having the Remis roof light system and the on board water pump sounding like a helicopter taking off it's great. Comfy, well laid out , a dream to tow and ton's of room for two I think The Series 6 Burgendey is great and the wife now gets a great nights sleep without getting up in the morning full of aches and pains. The water pump is a minor problem and is going in to be sorted out with a very local dealer, where we did not buy the van from but under the new Bailey transient warranty scheme, what a great idia! Every thing else works and excellently put together.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep We Love it.

Apart from not having the Remis roof light system and the on board water pump sounding like a helicopter taking off it's great. Comfy, well laid out , a dream to tow and ton's of room for two I think The Series 6 Burgendey is great and the wife now gets a great nights sleep without getting up in the morning full of aches and pains. The water pump is a minor problem and is going in to be sorted out with a very local dealer, where we did not buy the van from but under the new Bailey transient warranty scheme, what a great idia! Every thing else works and excellently put together.

Rob
Hi Rob

Good to hear you are loving the Bailey, good news, our Senator pump seems to have become quieter as we have used it more, so the answer is to get away in your van more, also have to say we have no answer to the slipping rug syndrome, hopefuly some one on here will have the answer.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
our indiana has been great,door dammaged and delivered in a week had first service and no problems.Is it a case of unhappy customers making lots of noise while the rest of us move on

also what is the transient scheme?

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi we love our new Bailey Burgundy Series 6.

Plenty of room to move around and loads of storage under fix bed.

Allyson
Hi Michael T

Sorry I missed your posting, no problems other than the oven when we first took it out, but it was soon sorted.

The water in the taps especially the bathroom splashing, if I remember right it is when there is air in the pipe from the pump, annoys me but cannot think of anything else.

How about you?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The transient scheme allows you to have warranty work done at any Bailey dealer who is part of it. The list of dealers is comprehensive and can be viewed on the Bailey website.

TRENDING THREADS