whos the best or cheapest

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have been looking to venture to France for the first time next year,want to book early to get a good deal,i have got a caravan club brochure and a Eurocamp independant brochure.Has anyone got any coments as to who is the best to use ? who is the cheapest ? what price should i expect to pay for two weeks in france all in ? any help would be fab cheers Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Use the Caravan club to book your ferry, their next year deals will be coming out shortly. For the site book direct, use your search enging to find the frence site and book on the internet. You'll find it a lot cheaper than both and the biggest advantage is you will only pay the deposit and probabally not pay the remainder until the night before you leave the site in france. Normally frence camping web pages are in an assortment of languages....Eric

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why not try Select Sites at Abergaveny, My wife & I found them very reasonable and helpful. They arranged everything except exchange of money to Euros and passports. We crossed from Plymouth to Roscoff - if you use this crossing and have a night crossing pay the extra for a cabin. This was our only mistake - reclining chairs were very uncomfortable and the whole area very noisey. Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just booked with p and o on their web site for next years crossing paid 116 pounds for car caravan and 4 passengers for school holidays can`t get cheaper than that

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi We did france for the first time this year and found the caravan club to be the cheapest by far. We are going to go again next year and the prices from eurocamp are terrific compared to caravan club prices although we haven't got there prices yet for this year it can't be that much dearer and the difference was a large amount. Hope you enjoy your holiday we loved france although the weather wasn't too good it hasn't put us off although we are going for 3 wks next year rather than 2 Good Luck Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used the Caravan Club for many years and found the service excellent. In the early years I used to compare the Caravan Club with Eurocamp Independent and because of better ferry deals the Caravan Club always came out cheaper. For last few years I have not bothered checking. We tend to use the longer ferry crossings and in July the total cost of our holidays for just over 2 weeks have cost between

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cheapest is probably book the ferry now with P and O If you're going out of school holidays then investigate Camping Cheque (each of which costs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having slated the CCC's site managers on another thread, I feel I must put in a word for their Carefree Travel Service here, since it is one of the reasons we continue to pay our membership fee. In fact, its prices will average out pretty much the same as the CC's - it will depend very much on your choice of dates, crossings and sites as to who will offer the cheapest deal for a particular holiday. Both give an excellent service. We also know people who have used Select Sites, and their prices appear competitive. Eurocamp will always be more expensive. I would suggest that they are probably only worth considering if you are very nervous and want the backup of on-site representatives. We have never felt the need for this, but only you can decide if you feel it is worth paying perhaps a few extra hundred pounds for. (I am not knocking them, we first got into this great hobby by hiring one of their ready-erected tents - that was in 1985, and the rest -as they say - is history!).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
do use ehe cc site book (not the big a4 brochure but the a5 europe directory) lists most sites and direct tele numbers; have saved by dealing direct with the site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Select Sites. We have used them for the last 3 years and the service has been superb. The best bit is how well they deal with problems that have arisen due to cancelled/delayed ferries. The Caravan Club couldn't touch them for an all-in price. I would recommend the Plymouth to Roscoff sailing if it fits your destination. We did it for the first time this year and would certainly do it again. Enjoy France - it's superb ! And remember - there's no pay and display carparks !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts