Whose Birthday is it?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This was kept quiet. πŸ™ƒTime the Owners set up another PC Rally, Stowford?πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Attachments

• 255F7C2F-26AD-432F-B5B3-F66D938D7997.jpeg
    255F7C2F-26AD-432F-B5B3-F66D938D7997.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 15
May 7, 2012
Visit site
It has been a problem to organise a rally during covid lockdowns and even now we cannot be sure of the future so I have sympathy with nothing being arranged. The magazine has changed hands as well so I do not know what the new owners think about these things or if the people who organised it are still there so the future must be n some doubt.
I have nothing against Stowford, but it is simply too far away for many of us particularly, those like us in Scotland. If the rally is to be revived, a site that we can all reach might be a better bet.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was at Stowford that we met DD and Parksy for the first time. DD was parked a couple of pitches away from us at the top of the hill.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It has been a problem to organise a rally during covid lockdowns and even now we cannot be sure of the future so I have sympathy with nothing being arranged. The magazine has changed hands as well so I do not know what the new owners think about these things or if the people who organised it are still there so the future must be n some doubt.
I have nothing against Stowford, but it is simply too far away for many of us particularly, those like us in Scotland. If the rally is to be revived, a site that we can all reach might be a better bet.
That is what has happened with The Woosie Fests, after the PC gettogethers finished, The Woosie fests started, trying to find a site suitable for everyone to get to, most of The Woosies now prefer a serviced pitch, we have been able to get The Black Bull at Pickering, One at Mablethope and down at Stratford on Avon, and also in Ingleton . Some places just do not want to host more than 3 vans unless it is in a rally field. This year it is in Sniaigton near to Scarbourgh, Anseo is coming down from Kilmarnock and Kev is coming up from Devon, for me it just over 200 miles Dusty dog its the same maybe 250. But it is a once a year thing so we have all made an effort.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The way things are going for us, if we attended a Woosie fest you will probably have the highest rainfall ever recorded and the site will be washed away and all the roads for miles aroudn will be blocked due to washaways! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When Future plc bought Practical Caravan I took part in a Skype conversation with admin Steven Haines and global community vice president Joseph Pishgar.
They were both keen to grow the Practical Caravan online community and I mentioned to them the Practical Caravan rallies held at Stowford and they agreed that it was a good idea.
Mr Pishgar said that he could try to raise the funding for something similar, but sadly there's been no further contact between us.
Perhaps we could take a few photos of this years Woosiefest to try to raise some further interest.
175 miles for us this year, but there have been a couple of Woosiefests held in the Midlands, so we don't mind the journey and we're very much looking forward to it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The way things are going for us, if we attended a Woosie fest you will probably have the highest rainfall ever recorded and the site will be washed away and all the roads for miles aroudn will be blocked due to washaways! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No no Ian! That is reserved for Gagakev, the infamous rain masterπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It was lovely weather for the Stratford on Mud, it must have raine two week before the fest but the fun was Great, Rex, my dog sitting next to the river boat driver, I think all of the Woosie fests have been great.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This years Woosiefest is 240 miles for me .As said we also have the Scottish and Devonian and Sussex contingent plus others a bit closer. My son and family live near Harrogate so we shall spend a few days there in transit.
It is noteworthy that the last PCv Stowford bash was many years before Covid. Every year we have invited the PCv team but so far no one has come forward. No worries. The Woosiefest is open to all , probably imo , ten times better than Stowford.

As well as me other Woosies make a full break and spend time elsewhere. If I was in Scotland I can recommend a few days in Northumberland, by Lindisfarne , to break up your journey.

There are still a few places left if anyone fancies a last minute break. And for convenience the pub and restaurant are right next doorπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Reactions: Hutch and Parksy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Is Buckman trying to steal my title?
OK I could be losing it for this weekend as we are actually at Stowford and having a lovely time in sunny climes. Home tomorrow and I will have a few tales to tell tomorrow night. Look out for new topic.
THE JOYS OF CARAVANING. 😊

• Wow
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK I could be losing it for this weekend as we are actually at Stowford and having a lovely time in sunny climes. Home tomorrow and I will have a few tales to tell tomorrow night. Look out for new topic.
Bated breath
mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev hope you having a nice break enjoy:cool:

TRENDING THREADS