Why can't people recycle

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well this thing has come in very handy for moving a chest freezer and other stuff for recycling is this 2 wheel trolley
I have something similar by Black and Decker. 120 kg load and it converts into a four wheel trolley too. Very useful for moving heavy items from the car and around the garden.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have never bought from IKEA and probably never will so no idea of how they pack anything.

Not only missing an experience but meatballs! Like billions of others around the world we use them lots. It is in every room except loos, bathrooms and living. What a successful company, stores all over the world. We went for a walk in Hong Kong at about 1 am as it had cooled down a bit. Came across an open Ikea. We had to go in and have a look. Exactly the same stock as everywhere else.

I remember going to the first UK store in Warrington as it was close to my sisters. At Christmas you could buy a real tree. Bring it back in January for a full refund. At one time they were so busy there were queues outside. Free coffee was delivered to all.

They don‘t do any fine furniture. But very functional, well designed well manufactured and functional. As said, their packaging is friendly and I believe their processes are also considerate. They also have good staff relationships and programs.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not only missing an experience but meatballs! Like billions of others around the world we use them lots. It is in every room except loos, bathrooms and living. What a successful company, stores all over the world. We went for a walk in Hong Kong at about 1 am as it had cooled down a bit. Came across an open Ikea. We had to go in and have a look. Exactly the same stock as everywhere else.

I remember going to the first UK store in Warrington as it was close to my sisters. At Christmas you could buy a real tree. Bring it back in January for a full refund. At one time they were so busy there were queues outside. Free coffee was delivered to all.

They don‘t do any fine furniture. But very functional, well designed well manufactured and functional. As said, their packaging is friendly and I believe their processes are also considerate. They also have good staff relationships and programs.

John

When I worked in north Bristol we visited IKEA regularly for lunch. As you say the meatballs are delicious, but the range of food and the price made it a worthwhile. visit.

We have two Pello chairs in the lounge one of which has been permanently sequestered by one of the dogs.

What I like about their stuff is the ease of assembly, functionality with Scandinavian style and good prices…….. and meatballs and gravlax too. .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
John

Many years ago we went into the one in Birmingham. In those days I could still climb the steps to the first floor. You could only go in the entrance part. To get out you had to go right through the store past every display to get out.
What we were looking for we saw near where we entered the store however we had to go down every aisle to get out. It was not simple.
I do not see a need to visit another Ikea store now or in the future as we have everything we need and the one experience was more than enough for us plus it is a very long drive. :D

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We collect our neighbours newspapers and once a month take them up to the local wildlife animal rescue centre. They shred them and use them for bedding. Lots of magazines now arrive in paper envelopes rather than the no. Recyclable plastic film. But where does this leave the trees🤔.
Ikea😵‍💫a bit like marmite.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We collect our neighbours newspapers and once a month take them up to the local wildlife animal rescue centre. They shred them and use them for bedding. Lots of magazines now arrive in paper envelopes rather than the no. Recyclable plastic film. But where does this leave the trees🤔.
Ikea😵‍💫a bit like marmite.
Is that the Wildlife Rescue between Lechlade and Malmesbury on the old WW2 airfield that is now a nature reserve? We took a seriously underweight hedgehog there in November 2020 and fetched him home at a healthy 580 gms last spring. Despite providing all manner of refuges and a feeding station on release he went straight for the hole we cut into our new fencing and into the neighbours garden, where hedgehogs live under the shed. But we have still been seeing them so far this winter, and we put food out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Is that the Wildlife Rescue between Lechlade and Malmesbury on the old WW2 airfield that is now a nature reserve? We took a seriously underweight hedgehog there in November 2020 and fetched him home at a healthy 580 gms last spring. Despite providing all manner of refuges and a feeding station on release he went straight for the hole we cut into our new fencing and into the neighbours garden, where hedgehogs live under the shed. But we have still been seeing them so far this winter, and we put food out.
Between Cricklade and Malmesbury, The Oak and Furrows, now fully RSPCA supported, on the old Blake Hill Airfield. A lot of four engined Halifaxes used it including towing gliders etc. it’s about 2 miles from me.
The centre does fantastic work with the whole range of wildlife. Swans deer badgers etc. A lot of us locals regularly take them pet food to help.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Between Cricklade and Malmesbury, The Oak and Furrows, now fully RSPCA supported, on the old Blake Hill Airfield. A lot of four engined Halifaxes used it including towing gliders etc. it’s about 2 miles from me.
The centre does fantastic work with the whole range of wildlife. Swans deer badgers etc. A lot of us locals regularly take them pet food to help.

Yes that is the one, I had mentally juxtaposed Lechlade and Cricklade :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts