Why did you buy a Caravan?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

When the kids were young(3 kids all under 7)the only holiday we could afford was camping,which we did with other members of the wife's family.I think it was about the 3rd trip that the brother in law turned up with a caravan.We were still putting up the tent when the sister in law brought us a cup of tea.That was it. The next year we bought a cheap 2nd hand van ,and have never looked back.The kids loved it.

And now years later we are still enjoying it.Why are we still caravanning?????For all the reasons stated earlier.Complete and utter freedom .We can go where we like,when we like,how we like.We can eat what we want(her indoors is vegeterian),when we want,where we want.We can drink what we want,when we want,where we want.I can use it for my hobby wherever it takes me.I can use mains or gas or 24v.We have all the comforts of home including a washing line( I remember a previous topic ).

So why did I originally buy a caravan?So that I could have a cuppa quicker............

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Originally it was because we were spending a fortune on hotels visiting my partner's daughter when she worked on the Oriana. So we bought a van to cut the costs and also to have weekends away. I was told that this was not in any way to replace SWMBO's fortnight in the sun! The year after we did a week in Tewkesbury, drove home Friday and flew to Rhodes for a week. Since then we have done 2 weeks + in France Italy Holland UK etc!! Still do a week in Canaries in February tho.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Friend of our I use to work for years ago love caravaning, every day he talk about caravaning, I got so bored with him as I am deaf I turn my hearing aid off and he keep staying I am talking to you, as time when by one day he said you are going to use our van for the weekend to see if you and your wife like it, NO Way you will get me in one of those I said, Well in the end we gave in to shut him up and that weekend turn out that we love it, get up when you ready eat when you fell like it, we felt like we was free to do what we want, Back to work after the long weekend, Brought our first van for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts