Why didn't I buy a panel years ago

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We do a lot of rallying and temporary holiday sites so have no electric. In winter months the better half complained about getting changed for socials with only one light on and she also commented about the cold spots because i wouldn't have the fan on on the Truma heating. Before Easter I bought a 90 watt panel for £199 with a carry bag and controller. Battery stayed high and wife was warm and well lit. Should have bought it years ago!!!! Planning to change over to LED lights now.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I first found out about solar power from people who go to rallies off ehu regularly. Petrol driven generators are a rarity on rally fields now because switched on ralliers prefer solar.
smiley-laughing.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Led lights are brilliant........I have just kitted out my caravan that has old fashioned single pole bayonet bulbs with direct replacements that fitted the holders with no hastle.
7 bulbs and two spares (bought in Spain) for £30........they give more light and burn 1.2 watts each instead of 5.
These are the same bulb and are far dearer in the UK it seems....anyway you probably need a different type.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts