Why do some people rush...

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
I just dont get what the rush is all about.
Travelling south friday on m5 near the large avonmouth bridge.Im doing 50/52 as thats what i like to do down steep motorway hills.A very large outfit( and mine is big enough) went passed us like we were standing still.Hhhhmm i think.then 30 mins later we pull into the site.And low and behold the fast outfit was still at the reception.and hes still irritable and in a rush.this was approx 2pm.so not really too late in the day.off he goes. then we pitch up on site and hes just about to detach his car and forgot the breakaway cable.so that was ripped clean off.Rushing again...out comes his drill zip zip zip hes running around like a scolded cat. the wife and i sat down with a cuppa and watched him for nearly 2 hour shuffling items from van to car and back n forth.then eventually hes finished.probably bushed at all the work more like it. they didnt move the car all day sat and then sunday it was the same in reverse order.And then end he tries to pull off with the motormover still on the wheels.
I thought this was supposedly a relaxing thing.
If your late,its never a good idea to chase it.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
That's life some of us are born speedsters and some are not. In general I like to get on with things, but the caravan is for holidays and so I take your relax route with it. Relax and take your time is my motto.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Raywood said:
That's life some of us are born speedsters and some are not. In general I like to get on with things, but the caravan is for holidays and so I take your relax route with it. Relax and take your time is my motto.

We take our time which can be up to 2 hours to get set up as no rush. However when setting up no one comes over for a chat, but when you packing up they come for a chat and distract you end result ebing that you may forget to do something because you are trying to be polite! :unsure:

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Buckman said:
Raywood said:

We take our time which can be up to 2 hours to get set up as no rush. However when setting up no one comes over for a chat, but when you packing up they come for a chat and distract you end result ebing that you may forget to do something because you are trying to be polite! :unsure:
Yes that is true.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank heavens every person is different, so what may be seen as rushing by one person may be quite normal for another. Live and let live.

However I do not condone breaking speed limits or any other laws for any reason.

May 11, 2017
Visit site
We've done the breakaway cable thing - by being rushed by some chap who pulled up behind us when we arrived at a French site, getting out his car, seeing what we were doing, trying to chivvy us along, offering to 'help' so he could get past more quickly (his own words).... Mr H was getting more and more pressured by him hanging around, got in the car and pulled forward to wham! Breakaway cable snapped, whipped back and dinged the car. Resulting in a cross Mr H and a bad start to the holiday :( It's not fair to rush others just because they arrived before you and take a little longer than you!

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently at Chester Fairoaks we were packing up and came to hitch up. We put car on road and movered the van to car. A motorhomer parks right behind us and sits with engine running. We move off and pull over asap so we can check lights etc. He passes us with a wave. Lights checked and on we go to see him at the motorhome service point. Leaving the engine running when people are hitching is bad mannered as well as being very polluting.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I would continue to do my checks and just pull away give him a wave . someone like that causes accidents or causing us to forget something or connect something when they intimidate us too rush . :angry:
Craig .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that on many sites you do end up with the tow car across the road when hitching up and that is just one of the things you have to accept on site. It may be frustrating for motorhomers who do not have this problem but you just have to live with it. When possible I do like to swing the caravan round so that it is diagonally on the pitch to give people a chance to get passed, but you do not always have the room to do it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Like Ray I tend to swing the caravan around as if there are outfits opposite they can reduce my manoeuvre space whereas with the van at an angle on the pitch there’s more space for me, and sometimes passing space for other vehicles. It also avoids running the cars front wheels over the opposite pitch and potentially churning up the grass.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The last post by Dr Zhivago has been deleted as it bears no relevance to the topic subject matter, that of people with caravans on tow, in a rush.
It is also in very bad taste to use the death of two people to try and emphasise a point, especially where the actual reason has not been established by the authorities.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
The last post by Dr Zhivago has been deleted ....
In case members are wondering what happened here, I referred to a serious accident on the road and mentioned a comment by an eye-witness. Both the accident and the comment had already been widely reported in the mainstream media, and I gave a link to an instance of that. I added no further comment of my own. That's it.

However, I now feel I can contribute or receive no more with this forum, so I shall not visit again.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem is that the "eye witness" was not actually an eye witness, he was a passenger on the train and did not see what happened, just what he saw after leaving the train and drew his own conclusions.

The actual cause has still not been established by the authorities.

The report still bore no connection with caravanning and was badly used.

If you no longer wish to post that is your perogative.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
DrZhivago said:
Damian-Moderator said:
The last post by Dr Zhivago has been deleted ....
In case members are wondering what happened here, I referred to a serious accident on the road and mentioned a comment by an eye-witness. Both the accident and the comment had already been widely reported in the mainstream media, and I gave a link to an instance of that. I added no further comment of my own. That's it.

However, I now feel I can contribute or receive no more with this forum, so I shall not visit again.

The title of this thread became your de facto comment, which as Damian says seemingly pre judges the circumstances of a tragic accident which is still under investigation. But I for one would miss your input to the Forum.

TRENDING THREADS