Why does the roof attract so much filth?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Two days of hard scrubbing, Lots of Fenwicks concentrate and elbow grease. Finally finished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Final result photos another day but here’s a taster. It took two years to get this bad😥

Attachments

• IMG_7605.jpeg
    IMG_7605.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: toad a caravan
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I bet your glad of how it looks once it was done..you can't beat s bit pride of ownership ..well done.. I've had the same "fun" myself ....Gary.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
With flat roofs and seemingly raised trim round all four sides I always end up with a puddle somewhere on the roof no matter how I park it. The GRP roof on ours is a lot rougher than the smooth GRP sides so tends to hold on to muck more than the sides. I used to polish the roof every year but found it made no difference so just use a long reach flow-through brush now.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When we got our caravan as new we had it done with Paintseal and it has paid dividends as a wash and the roof is clean again even 6 years later.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Get yourself some Muc-Off (bike or motorbike) from Halfords. The 1L bottle is a spray. Spray it on liberally, leave it for five minutes, then use a long handled car washing brush to get the muck off (pun intended!) I've used it for years and it works well. It is bio-degradable and water soluble.
Tip: an eggcup full or thereabouts in your washer bottle and your will <never> have smear on your windscreen.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Get yourself some Muc-Off (bike or motorbike) from Halfords. The 1L bottle is a spray. Spray it on liberally, leave it for five minutes, then use a long handled car washing brush to get the muck off (pun intended!) I've used it for years and it works well. It is bio-degradable and water soluble.
Tip: an eggcup full or thereabouts in your washer bottle and your will <never> have smear on your windscreen.
But in winter you will still need screenwash with anti icing properties so the Muc Off is not really required. As a general cleaner though it is excellent and suitable for so many applications.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Give it good wash from top to bottom and then polish (y)
Well that was a busy weekend, Van all sorted clean as a whistle and very shiny lol, I also did the top rear cap repair on it, i had a 1 inch hairline crack on both sides, no water ingress but the engineer picked it up on the yearly service so i just went belt and braces and did the cap repair which now looks very nice if i do say so myself.:p:giggle:.Roll on end month for first outing.

Reactions: Beachball and Hutch
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I have a memory like a sieve with a large hole in.Sunday I went to my caravan (I'm renovating it) to measure up for replacement front blinds I spent 5hrs doing other things .. totally forgot about measurements till I got home 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts