Why don't they............

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why is it that all dealers advertize new vans EXCLUDING the delivery charge? The OTR costs are substantial and range at anything from £500-800. Are they deliberately trying to mislead?

So why don't they list new vans' prices inclusive of delivery costs? PC doesn't in it's listings, they're not even mentioned, and most advertisers declare them in very small print against a tiny asterisk. Must be a hell of a shock to new vanners. The car trade used to do this, but now list all cars with an OTR price, so why don't van retailers? This wopuld be a more honest and less cynical approach to the business especially as new van sales are declining this year. What do you all think?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some dealers do, but overall they should follow the practice of car dealers, who I believe have to show on the road prices.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike thr reason they dont is when you px or haggle on the price they cant include the delivery charge made by the caravan industry who should really include the cost in the trade price.Imagine buying a bag of peas,get to the check out and be told that you have to pay a delivery charge,I dont think so

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike thr reason they dont is when you px or haggle on the price they cant include the delivery charge made by the caravan industry who should really include the cost in the trade price.Imagine buying a bag of peas,get to the check out and be told that you have to pay a delivery charge,I dont think so

Paul
Hi

I don't know but it could be that unlike the car trade the caravan dealers are not regulated like car traders by thier manufactuers, and therefore the only common denominator is the list price for the caravan. Each dealer may have a unique scale of preperation and delivery costs.

Any dealers wish to comments?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I don't know but it could be that unlike the car trade the caravan dealers are not regulated like car traders by thier manufactuers, and therefore the only common denominator is the list price for the caravan. Each dealer may have a unique scale of preperation and delivery costs.

Any dealers wish to comments?
dont hlod your breath on that issue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts