Why is it assumed you cannot reverse/manoeuvre your outfit?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
You've got me worried now. We are on pitch 143 or 144 and it is a hardstanding. When we booked they had no fully serviced pitches available and I doubt we could get moved as Easter is busy and they are fully booked. Our friends are camping with us and they are on a grass pitch next to us, so hopefully theres not too much concrete. This was the site that made a fuss when I booked about us having a TA and she was dictating to me which pitches we could have and not giving us a lot of choice. Denise

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
some can but most cannot and I think its most helpful of site staff to offer assistance,usually its the smaller vans that have the problem.Liz did I read it right you allow 3 meters between vans on your sight dont you mean 6 meters 20 feet as per fire regs

all the best Allen

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I think it's not the case of whether you can reverse or not on a pitch; the rules are 3 mtr gap between each caravan. If there is a lot of grass for you to reverse onto and the owner of site wishes to keep his/her grass from being ruined, after all its their land, other people have to use that pitch after you have made a mess off it, best judgement should be left to site owner or wardens on site. Liz
Should read 6 not 3 sorry typing error. Liz

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Cerebera the reversing of an outfit is allways a bone of contention. I can sometimes do a perfect reverse, in fact on one occassion I did a perfect three point turn and only one person to witness it. Other times I make a right pig's ear of it. It is not always being a competant driver, there are other factors that have a bearing on how capable one is at reversing.
I had to do a 3 point turn in out street, thanks to the neighbours having friends visit that had parked everywhere so my normal approach to my parking spot giving me the right swing had vanished. So one Honda Accord Tourer and a Pageant Auvergne had to face the opposite direction for option B, as I started my manoevre a crowd began to gather, the people with the newer cars approached asking if I would like them to move, I politely declined their offer and turned the outfit around reversing into my space. The bulk of the audience were amazed that I had managed it without any fuss.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts