WiFi Caravan Sites

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emma,

A lot of the Caravan Club sites have WiFi but the cost is expensive, get yourself a broadband dongle all the major networks have them it can work out a lot cheaper, we have 2 one on 3 and the other on vodaphone we usually have one that will receive a signal.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Emma

I too use a PAYT 3G dongle, depends what you need it for but as others have said the costs are cheaper than some of the sites...

I use Vodafone as there is no time limit on usage as there are with some of the others. Came with 15.00 on it and had to top up once in the last 18 months.

Di

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to all for the feedback.

A "dongle" seems the way to go but we wud probably us it to surf the net go on you tube etc. We sumtimes msn and video with the kids.

Would this zap the usage?

We would certainly use it more than just log on off for email.

Oh and of course check out the PRACTICAL CARAVAN forums :)

Emma

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Be careful of sites that offer free WiFi. One we went to this year, when I enquired, would allow you to hook up in reception to check on emails etc. and that was it.

Last year we visited another which offered free WiFi and when I asked about their free WiFi I was given a password but told I'd be lucky to log in because most can't but was welcome to try. Needless to say I couldn't :O)

If it's important to you ask what it's like at the time of booking.

Oct 1, 2007
Visit site
Dongles are good but be warned tht there are some parts of the country, eg some parts of Norfolk - that don't have 3g coverage. the warden at a sie we stayed on in ther summer told us he can get better coveragse in Spain with his dongle! He has to buy a waireless card from the club to use while staying in Norfolk.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Emma

You could try Beaconsfield Touring Park in Shrewsbury. It has free wi-fi and as we site our van there during the winter season, we use it quite a lot.

The site is adults only though.

Mireille

TRENDING THREADS