Wildwood Design Showman’s Twagon review

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
If the price of the version as tested, with no kitchen, washroom, shower or gas locker goes up from £15.5k to over £19k this does beg two questions:

1. How much does it cost if you equip it like a basic caravan (by today's standards), with a kitchen that has a gas oven, grill and hot water, and a washroom with a shower?

2. What the hell does the £15.5k version come with?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you raise an interesting point.

One of teh big differences you must bear in mind is economy of scale. The Wildwood caravans are basically made one at a time, and from the looks of it all the parts are made bespoke with e few exceptions, so I suspect labour costs will be very much higher than for a mass produced caravan. In addition as the company is small it will not be able to negotiate prices for its OEM components anywhere near as low as the major manufacturers can.

Looking at costs, the discount a major manufacturer can demands may be as much as 60% to 65% off the RRP for some items, so Wildwood is only likely to get 40% to 45% off - quite a difference.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
SamandRose said:
If the price of the version as tested, with no kitchen, washroom, shower or gas locker goes up from £15.5k to over £19k this does beg two questions:

1. How much does it cost if you equip it like a basic caravan (by today's standards), with a kitchen that has a gas oven, grill and hot water, and a washroom with a shower?

I think the quoted price is essentially the shell and running gear as everything else is optional. Given this is hand made and the nearest comparison is a Vanmaster the price is not that bad. I doubt they even get any sensible discount on most of the fittings as they fit what you want so no opportunity to get a bulk discount.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Raywood said:
SamandRose said:

I think the quoted price is essentially the shell and running gear as everything else is optional. Given this is hand made and the nearest comparison is a Vanmaster the price is not that bad. I doubt they even get any sensible discount on most of the fittings as they fit what you want so no opportunity to get a bulk discount.

Most bona fide businesses will receive at least a trade discount which mere customers can't get. this usually starts at about 25% and depending on scale of order can increase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts