Windbreakers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know where you can get a none stripy (plain colour like green) and if possible light collapsable poles (maybe aluminiun) rather than the large beach type?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been looking for one since last year as I hate the stripy ones and want one to co-ordinate with our awning. The only one we could find was from a camping shop (Outward Bound) or something like that. It was plain green and cost about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We looked at the Isabella windbreaks and thought they were very expensive. Ended up going to the awning repairers (who alter the size of our awning when we change vans) and they made me a windbreak in plain nylon type material (quick drying) with sewin-in "tubes" to hold the poles. We chose to use steel poles and guy lines, but I suppose you could find poles which could be hammered in. We keep the guy lines tight to the windbreak to minimise risk of tripping. I think the cost a few years ago was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can buy lightweight windbreaks, with plain polyester panels and alu poles. We bought a Khyam one (in burgundy but I think they come in blue currently). However, we found it was pretty useless and we no longer have it.

It needed all the guyropes to hold it up, which meant they were completely in the way and you couldn't really hammer it into the ground either. Also, we used it to protect the Cadac and it very quickly acquired greasy splatters which showed on the plain fabric.

I think a number of campers/caravanners use windbreaks as a fence or barricade in a territorial sort of way rather than to stop the wind. I would be unlikely to initiate chatting to any neighbours who segretated themselves in this way - and would assume that they preferred to keep their own company. I would suggest that if you want to make buddies on site that a windbreak fence might be working against you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts