Window cleaner calling

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Surely it all depends on how many windows you have and the size of them.

And where you live.

In the past, we have had cheaper than we have now, But with no real quality or reliability. Our current Philippine man and wife maintain rounds in Gloucester but travel from Birmingham each month to do them. There is always a text the day before, and a thank you text when we pay. They don't just do the windows but the frames as well. They are very particular.

We know we pay more than others, but we are happy with the service.

Up to about 8 years ago, I would do them myself. It was blooming hard work!

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
And where you live.

In the past, we have had cheaper than we have now, But with no real quality or reliability. Our current Philippine man and wife maintain rounds in Gloucester but travel from Birmingham each month to do them. There is always a text the day before, and a thank you text when we pay. They don't just do the windows but the frames as well. They are very particular.

We know we pay more than others, but we are happy with the service.

Up to about 8 years ago, I would do them myself. It was blooming hard work!

John
Our cleaner only does the windows and not the frames. Conservatory roof is desperately in need of a wash. Coming all the way from Birmingham no wonder it is £20 a clean, but then you also have upstairs windows so probably a good deal. Our window cleaners are a father and son team.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Our upstairs windows are hard to reach, particularly the one above the conservatory. But he has a machine that pumps highly filtered water through a brush and a lightweight rod. In this way, the glass dries without any watermarks.

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The conservatory boosts the cost. Some cleaners in this area charge even more. The ones we have do a smashing job and very reliable.

John
Hi John We have a conservatory on ours so i would says our price is good value but the roof could do with a good clean

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our window cleaner charges £10 for the house which seems reasonable.
He uses a pump and hose attachment to pump filtered water from a tank in his van, but since we had our conservatory I do those windows myself using a splash of white vinegar from my 5 litre container in some warm water.
After a wash down and a dry with a squeegee, a wipe with a dry microfiber cloth leaves the conservatory windows sparkling.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have no window cleaner. All our upstairs windows are tilt and turn so can be cleaned from the inside, The double glazing salesman thought we were mad, but over thirty years we must have saved a small fortune.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts