Window scrathes ?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all a friend of mine has contacted me this morning saying whilst at the field that his van is stored the proprietor who moves it about in storage has scratched his windows, would anybody know of anywhere in the Tyne and Wear region off anyone who would repair scratched Windows or a cheap way of repairing them . My friend has been quoted over £450.oo from the caravan shop where he bought it not oong ago and is not very happy about the damage as he is paying £1,500 for a on-site yearly fee .

Craig

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys , I have forwarded your comments and replies to my friend and hopefully he will get something sorted cheaper . it would have to be done on site as he cannot pull it with his car .

Thanks

Craig ( and not so happy friend ) !!

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Once a king always a king ------ once a Knights enough .

Brasso has it's place and it's not on plastic Acrilic windows. There's plenty of other things to clean windows with that are made for the Job .cheers JRS1

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
JRS1 said:
Brasso has it's place and it's not on plastic Acrilic windows. There's plenty of other things to clean windows with that are made for the Job .cheers JRS1

What qualifications have you got to state this when there are numerous quotes online saying Brasso is OK?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Using Brasso is a very unwise option as it is not marketed as an acrylic polish but a metal polish. It contains products that can lead to stress related micro crazing, a rash of silver glinting flecks deep within the acrylic. These are totally irreversible. This happens where stresses are locked into the plastic, something endemic in a thermo moulded caravan window, and a whole range of chemicals are used in the polish applied. Brasso has two known fluids that lead to micro crazing.
I said "leads" deliberately as the occurrence of this micro crazing is not immediate, it happens some months later.
I hear some get away with it, but know some have not. It might be worth checking the cost of the windows before choosing not to use products designed for the job and use those not designed to do it.

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Woodlands Camper , I've heard that as well, but having read JTQ's post me thinks he has given a very qualified and valid post . You should also be aware of the new legislation regarding contents, labeling etc, your recommended reading is in some cases is over 10 years old and might not be correct or applicable .

Regards JRS

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have always bought specific products to deal with window scratches, but the following is a quote from the Lunar Venus handbook:- " Take care when washing the windows as they scratch quite easily. Small scratches can be removed using a liquid metal polish such as Brasso. Druraglit wadding may also prove successful, and Farecla Products make a polish especially for use on acrylic Windows"
I would never have thought using none specific products!

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi biggles morton, The Acrilic windows are manufactured in Holland---distributed by Miriade to most of the caravan companies including Lunar, any warranty issues have to go through the dealer and end up in Holland. None of the caravan companies recommend any products for scratch removal or cleaning as the buck stops in Holland . Both Farecla G3 and Fenwicks Windowize are the leading products in the aftercare of Acrilic windows, hence the John Wickersham detailed demo of the Fenwicks product for the magazine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts