Window seals.

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from a weekend away in the van.It has poured down all night,and the windows were fine when we got up this morning.But since travelling home in driving winds and rain,I noticed water on the bottom seals of the front two small window.It appears that the rain has driven up under the windows and entered the van,where the previous owner has (we think) put wires through the windows and squashed the seal.This has never happened before in the 3 years we have had the van.The question is do we need to replace seals,if so is this an expensive job.Or shall we leave well alone.Many thanks
Nellie

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nellie

How weird, we had exactly the same thing happen to us this weekend. You look out for replys from my post and ill look for replys to your post. Hopefully we will get some help?
Kay

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Window catch needs minor adjustment as the seals age they compress so when you close the window it dosent make tight enough seal between the perspex and rubber, adjusting the receiver cam inwards will create a tighter application.

Hope this helps
Stu

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hello
this may or may not help but i dont think i would do any harm in fact it might even help prolong the life of the window seals
may moons ago i was advised that putting a smear of vasaline on the window seals would help keep the seals from rotting and sticking to the window,i do it myself and have had no problems
hope this helps

hgv dave

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.I will try a smear of vaseline on the seals and see how it goes.And also tighten the window catch.Many thanks for your help.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS