Window tints

Feb 2, 2006
Visit site
Anyone know of any product to tint plastic windows to black limo tint or any firm which undertakes such work.I have spoken to the suppliers of many auto tints but they tell mme that they are only suitable for glass not plastic any ideas?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Some of my customers use the stuff and vinyl graphic variants that are perforated so you can still see out of it.

Even the expensive top quality stuff sems to shrink and on most vehicles the film is cut into the edge of the window surround. Most caravan windows I know of the edges of the film would have to be exposed and the edges probably cut to account for the curved edge of most windows.

Getting the film off is a pig of a job and often takes a heat gun or very hot hair dryer and a scraper, not something you would want near caravan windows. You can get vinyls that fit on the inside of the window but again they shrink and getting it of is the same trouble and a very long job.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
What are you doing that you need to hide behind blackened windows? We just close the blinds for privacy! (Just joking)

Trish.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Compass caravans now have tinted windows! Why not try contacting them, they may/may not give you the information you need. Personally, I found them v claustrophobic, but then it is a good job we are not all alike. I do believe, however, that using the existing blinds would be much cheaper!!!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
There have been reports of stickers placed on 'plastic' windows causing crazing,probably caused by a chemical reaction.So I think its better to leave well alone. Brian

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I have given this some thought myself recently, and have considered trying it to see if it does work. I suspect the acrylic being fairly susceptible to thermal movement is the main problem. There must be some method available, have you contacted pentagon autotint? What I would say is, I have tinting film on my car windows and even though I'm fairly experienced it's still a major pain in the ass to get it right.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Like Ann say, acrylic windows with a deep tint are readily available from suppliers to the caravan industry. I would have thought that it will be well nigh impossible to get a good result by adding a film later, especially near the edges and with the risk that you would not be able to remove it without damaging the acrylic surface.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi Phillip, try this web address www.tinttech.org

The owner is a caravaner who quotes

on plastic i use a self cling film that has no adhesive on it its fitted the sameway as auto film but can be removed with no damage to the unit.

Andrew

Feb 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Phillip, try this web address www.tinttech.org

The owner is a caravaner who quotes

on plastic i use a self cling film that has no adhesive on it its fitted the sameway as auto film but can be removed with no damage to the unit.

Andrew
hi Andrew do you have the name of the self cling film that has no adhesive, and is it tinted where was it purchased etc .I have contacted the email that you left and am awaiting a reply

Thanks Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts