Windy Harbor

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We are off to windy harbor at Blackpool at the first weekend of half term. What's it like for pitches, facilities etc?

When we booked they seemed quite inquisative about how big outr twin axle van was and it's country of origin. Has there been trouble there in the past or are they just being cautious to avoid the milk churn brigade.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tried to get on this site last year, we have a twin axle Lunar Lexon EW 26 footer, and they told me it was too big to go on the site

Regards Jim

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John E

Thanks for your reply, that's what I thought Steve meant.

That's strange because when I was on a site in June this year whilst visiting one of the biggest traveller events in Europe, I didn't see one milk churn, plenty of aqua rolls, the odd live chicken tied to an A frame perhaps but no milk churns.

Lh

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve, We,ve stayed on Windy harbour a few times the pitches are hard standing and seem to be the same size maybe thats why they asked for the size of your van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There does seem to be a worrying size-ist issue emerging, coupled to and possibly fuelled by the worry that you might be travellers out to overthrow the site owners and start erecting sheds and outbuildings without planning permission.

So once again, freedom of choice is being eroded.

I currently haul a 14' caravan but can't wait to be able to afford a 24' unit.

A) Because I want to be able to caravan all year round without resorting to an awning and like a fixed bed.

B) Because I wish to retain the right to buy something because I can!

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
hi steve i to am going to windy harbour same time as you been couple of times great site good security very tight every thing you need on site you wil have great time

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i tried to book this site but was adviced that despite the fact the web site said dogs welcome they are not. the site refused my booking for 4 pitches simply becouse one van had a dog in it. theire loss.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This site sounds well dodgy, no dogs, no long vans, no foreign vans, tight security....... potential milk churn brigade people might turn up........

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
dogs at windy harbour are allowed on ihave been several times with my dog and my brother and is van and dog too i have booked on for next week end with dogs

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
dogs at windy harbour are allowed on ihave been several times with my dog and my brother and is van and dog too i have booked on for next week end with dogs
ps if you do ring windy harbour the receptionist called sally is very helpful the mangeress is a grinch it may be her you are speaking to about dogs not a dog lover

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts