Winter in Spain without the caravan

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
We have used La Manga and Torre Del Mar several times over the years and have enjoyed our times there,but this year SWMBO said she had enough of waiting for the showers and washing machines,and watching people washing their dog blankets in them.

We compared the costs of long term camping against renting a house,I could not believe it,the house won, only 300 euro a month,No towing,less diesel,no extra insurance/recovery costs,and not paying extortionate rates for electricity and the best bit of not getting covered in dust every time a car passes by your van.Has anyone else done the same?

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
We stayed for a week in a friend's Spanish house recently - no where near as much fun as caravanning!

It depends how much you enjoy travelling, towing and staying on camp sites. Personally I wouldn't want to miss any aspect of it.

Cost wise, if you are staying on a site for a month, off peak, you can often negotiate a monthly rate - particularly in Spain and Portugal. I have just done this for May and June and it is cheaper than Camping Cheques or ACCI.

Keith

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi ken,

We found this house through a friend of a friend,like many owners they are more than happy to to rent long term at much lower rents than advertised,try Viva Murcia on Google under the heading rent direct I would not bother with the listings of the letting agents as they add their fees.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts