Winter plans?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It's that time of year again ... what are you going to do with your van? Let us know! This winter, will you tour or store – or are you not sure?

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
we are heading out at least once in November (possibly twice but we have only booked one so far), December is awkward because Decembery stuff gets in the way but we are spending the New Year away in the caravan with Mrs Spoon's cousin and her family, and we have two weekends booked already for January with a probable two in February.
November and January we have booked for places with full service pitches and a swimming pool with which to entertain the children if need be (we don't take a telly with us) but the New year is EHU, a CDP and tap somewhere on the site.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As soon as we get our van back from repair , its off again, love the crisp mornings and a bit of snow for the dogs to play in.
We used to meet up with Dutch and French friends in Montreuil sur Mer, in Jan or Feb. But with the Euro. Probably go north of Milton Keynes.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Ours went into storage last month, as TYP and I appearing in the village panto (oh yes we are)so we have too many rehearsals and performances to think about much else!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Christmas Day - at home
Boxing Day - de-decorating.
Next day - ferry
New years Eve - Andelucia.
End March - leisurely pack
End April - ferry and home

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Off for a long weekend in Chester next weekend, December will be a rest month as we have a hotel booked for a family wedding, then christmas, dates planned for long weekends in Jan, Feb and March just need to decide where.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Away mid November for 10 days, New Year for a week and a week in March. Possibly a few cheeky weekends away between times. Love to be away at Xmas but we have an Aged P to look after.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Its nice to hear that there are lots of us willing to get out in the winter, I must admit We have never really had many problems, the odd time the top inch or two or the water butt has frozen but nothing else really.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We are only back just over a week and have nothing else booked. We will watch the weather forecast though and if it is to our satisfaction just go. Beware of Chester though my wife likes to tell me what she has saved at the outlet centre shops and this time of the year you can get carried away there.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Back Saturday after a week from a Derbyshire CL. on Grandparenting duties. (fortunately came home to find a leak from the header tank in the loft soaking the back bedroom walls, ceiling beds, carpets, etc. another week probably ceiling down?) So a busy day or two for us, insurance etc. already in hand. Fortunately we're now not away 'til end of month when we are at Rowntree Park (York) for a few days watching the UK Snooker Championships at the Barbican. Then away again after Christmas through new year but that is flexible yet.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I'm ten days into my winter plans. I left Portsmouth on the 1st Nov and am taking a slow journey through Spain. At the moment I'm at Villafranca near to Cordoba and by early next week I'll be on my site in Malaga Province for the winter. I'll be back home 1st of March. I have a blog about my journey here: https://jondogoescaravanning.com/will-it-be-spain-again-for-2016-17-winter

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........as always I have been keeping an eye on your blog John.
You seem to be having a fair old mix of weather on your way south!
We are 500 miles south of you at the moment on another piece of Spanish island soil.
......if only Admiral Lord Nelson had won that battle!

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
We have a visit with friends planned to Bakewell Christmas Market on 10th/11th December. If it's cold we'll just have to keep drinking mulled wine.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Gafferbill said:
You seem to be having a fair old mix of weather on your way south!
We are 500 miles south of you at the moment on another piece of Spanish island soil.
!

Yes! Not half as good as it was last year on the way down. But I thought you would be tucked up in Sussex but it sounds as though you are on............................Tenerife?

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Raywood said:
We are only back just over a week and have nothing else booked. We will watch the weather forecast though and if it is to our satisfaction just go. Beware of Chester though my wife likes to tell me what she has saved at the outlet centre shops and this time of the year you can get carried away there.

Not a problem mate I have a wife who doesn't really like shopping. :lol:

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
The OH and I use our caravan through the winter and enjoy our time outdoors, weather permitting. It's lovely to come back to a snug and warm van with the slow cooker bubbling away with the beef in beer casserole. It's usually only within an hours drive to any sites we use here in Yorkshire

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
SWMBO, last year bought an Electric , pressure cooker, , we can set it to come on many hour ahead, cooks then goes onto warm. Great for the winter times out when the lunch time walk to the pub , ends up longer than planned.
Lovely winter touring.
Hutch.

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
When we got our van back in July, I think we just planned to be warm weather caravanners. Winter plans included a bottle of bobby dazzler & some over winter spray. In reality, we went to Conkers at the end of October & have just come back from the C&CC Windermere site, with absolutely no plans of storing the van up for winter at all!

You just can't beat getting the heating on, slow cooker on, walks in forests & round lakes at this time of year. Next trip will probably be Settle in Yorkshire, but that will not be until the weekend of 16th Dec.

The C&CC site at Windermere was pretty busy with plenty of vans & people about, I am guessing more people than i thought go out in winter?

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Our last trip was a couple of weeks ago (Stratford on Avon) and the van is now under it's cover until January/February. It's had a good clean, so is ready to go when the cover does come off!! :cheer:

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Off out next weekend, then new year after a break of a few weeks. Two outings booked for January and two in February with another one in March so apart from the pesky x-mas thing getting in the way we are carrying on as usual.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just back from Kingsbury CCC site, Using the caravan, to visit the NEC classic car show. Great weekend, nice site and good show, again. Nothing planned for the next few weeks, until New year at Oswestry CCC, but Herself is having a quiet gripe that we always seem to use "my" caravan, instead of "her" camper van, so we might well be shooting off into the wide blue yonder again soon!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mr Fleety has been put to bed, wake him up at Christmas for the daughter to stay in over the hols then back to bed until Easter :( :(

TRENDING THREADS