Wireless reversing camera

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site
Wireless camera on 2017 Swift Sterling 645 standard figment.
16 months still not operating keeps dropping signal, 4 dealer visits over 7 weeks, all items replace many times by dealer.
Swift cant fix now saying it’s my tow car fault, a VW Transporter T30 Kombi swb with rear and side windows, same size a Range Rover , discovery etc need a large vehicle to tow this size.
Any one had similar issues advise welcome

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wireless cameras are notorious for dropping signals unless the conditions are absolutely perfect.
Your vehicle is basically a large metal box which is perfect for blocking signals.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I bought my system from https://www.parkingcameras.com/store/home.php who are very helpful, and have different cable lengths available. The camera will be connected by cable to a transmitter unit somewhere in the van, so you might consider moving this much nearer the front of the van with an extention cable. Equally, you might ensure the receiver in the car is as far rearwards as possible too.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Swift fit the transmitter just above the number plate usually.
My system supplied by parking cameras has never dropped the signal, they only sell the latest digital types.
But to help things along and for convenience I fitted mine in the front of the caravan. Range is around 100m for a clear path. RX in car is upfront under the glove box.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
xtrailman said:
Swift fit the transmitter just above the number plate usually.
My system supplied by parking cameras has never dropped the signal, they only sell the latest digital types.
But to help things along and for convenience I fitted mine in the front of the caravan. Range is around 100m for a clear path. RX in car is upfront under the glove box.

Typical Swift - make it a selling point but execute as cheaply as possible..

I fitted my transmitter in the wardrobe in the centre of the van as this gave me good access to the 12v feed to the fridge, so the system is ignition controlled. The received is as far back in the car as I could fit it

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I supplied my rear view camera from the permanent feed, using the reversing signal to switch over a relay to select the reversing camera.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts