Wishful Thinking

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There have been many postings on the forum regarding how every day motorists react to the caravan towing fraternity on the roads. For this reason why can't the CC and the C&CC together with popular caravan magazines backed up by us lot petition the government to introduce caravan lanes on the roads similar to Mr. Prescott's bus lanes. This should ease the problems no end for both the public and the caravaner. Just a thought but who knows maybe one day.......

G

Sorry Colin, but that sounds like a nightmare scenario being boxed into a little lane.

I see vans and trucks chugging along with a variety af trailers and trailed machinery and other driving the same with the trailed 1/2 more off the ground than on it.

Friend emailed photo of a Smart car on the M27 yesterday. it has roof bars with two canoes on and a trailer about 18 feet long. Doesn't look like a safe rig to me, but the police took no notice of it apparently. Teaching General acceptance of others right to be on the road would be a better bet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Colin, but that sounds like a nightmare scenario being boxed into a little lane.

I see vans and trucks chugging along with a variety af trailers and trailed machinery and other driving the same with the trailed 1/2 more off the ground than on it.

Friend emailed photo of a Smart car on the M27 yesterday. it has roof bars with two canoes on and a trailer about 18 feet long. Doesn't look like a safe rig to me, but the police took no notice of it apparently. Teaching General acceptance of others right to be on the road would be a better bet.
Euro it would not be my intention to ban caravanners from the other lanes - the thought was if there was any form of bottleneck the caravanners could use the designated lane same as busses to help the free flow of these vehicles. I know it is only a pipe dream and would agree with you that other road users should be more educated - especially boy racers, white van man and the Sunday afternoon centre lane hoggers who do not know what the 5th. gear or rear view mirror is for.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Euro it would not be my intention to ban caravanners from the other lanes - the thought was if there was any form of bottleneck the caravanners could use the designated lane same as busses to help the free flow of these vehicles. I know it is only a pipe dream and would agree with you that other road users should be more educated - especially boy racers, white van man and the Sunday afternoon centre lane hoggers who do not know what the 5th. gear or rear view mirror is for.
Read in our local paper yesterday a proposal to allow Vans and Lorries into the Bus Lane. I think this may help at certain times of the day.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I intend to get a 13 seat 110 Defender as this is apparently considerred to be a "Bus" by the DVLA. I have no problem with this.

I could then use the Bus Lanes if I wanted to and I would tow my caravan as well!

If I had it LPG converted I could use it in "Red Kens" Contribution Zone without having to pay the penalty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts