Witter Tow Bar costs

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have just bought a new kia sorrento 2.5 CRDi and the garage have got me prices to fit a witter tow bar (twin electrics and Al-ko tow ball size.)to pull my Abbey 1150kg's caravan.

I have been quoted : £200 to supply.

£305 fully fitted.

What do folks think of the prices i have been quoted ?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Richard S,

Apologies for the gap in my reply to you.

Thanks for the offer. I have decided on a tow bar from the dealship where i am buying the car.(decided the witter was too expensive)

Not sure of the tow bars make as yet, it has twin electircs etc.. - but i need to change the tow ball size to an al-ko size, then i need it fitting so i would really apprepriate any contacts for fitting - we live in county durham,

Thanks,

Andy.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy, a couple of times you have referred to having "an Al-Ko size towball"

There is no difference in size of towball between Al-Ko and anyother standard towball, they are 50mm.

The Al-Ko towball differs in that it has an extended neck, the distance between towball and towbar , to allow the hitch stabiliser heads to pivot by up to 26 degrees, without fouling the car body or towbar fitting.

If you rdealer is fitting the towbar, insist that it is the Al-Ko ball that is fitted atthe time of installation.

You could, to save him having to order it, get one from Al-Ko and supply it to him for fitment when the bar is fitted

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, as Damian has said the only difference with the Alko towball is the extended neck which gives clearance for the stabliser head. You can buy them from Barron's and give it to the garage to fit while they are doing the towbar. We had our Witter towbar fitted at Hadrian Caravans in Stockton.

TRENDING THREADS