Woosie Club

Page 336 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
A great shot of today’s Woosies at The Coachman Inn Snainton North Yorkshire.
Starting top left going clockwise we have Lady Villa,Sproket, Dustydog, Dave A, Our King’s Consort Elaine, Lady Mick,Parksy, Lady Carole,Hutch the King, Sir Roger, and our lovely Lady Mel. Sorry the rest of the Woosies couldn’t make it. At tomorrow’s Jacobs Table we shall proclaim our new Monarch👏👏👏
View attachment 3988

I'm so jealous, hope you are all enjoying yourselves. (obviously are)
Covid clear now, I was clear on Thursday and Lady Mags clear today.
I had a great day today, cut my grass and painted a fence!!!!

Reactions: Parksy and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm so jealous, hope you are all enjoying yourselves. (obviously are)
Covid clear now, I was clear on Thursday and Lady Mags clear today.
I had a great day today, cut my grass and painted a fence!!!!
Kev
We really missed you , Mags. Belinda and Bill. And Pete and Jean , all our legendary Woosies.
I managed to wear my shorts today but theOctober chill is setting in. Sadly John and Pressie missed out too due to health matters.
But there is next year. We are looking at the spring,a bit warmer.
This years Jacobs Table at the 2022 Woosiefest The Coachman caravan Park Snainton North Yorkshire . Note our new attendee Sir Duck Tail, aka Dave A🍺👏👏
FF8F03E7-6EE4-418E-BB56-1DDA38D458C4.jpegFF8F03E7-6EE4-418E-BB56-1DDA38D458C4.jpeg RV

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Kev
We really missed you , Mags. Belinda and Bill. And Pete and Jean , all our legendary Woosies.
I managed to wear my shorts today but theOctober chill is setting in. Sadly John and Pressie missed out too due to health matters.
This years Jacobs Table at the 2022 Woosiefest The Coachman caravan Park Snainton North Yorkshire . Note our new attendee Sir Duck Tail, aka Dave A🍺👏👏
View attachment 3991View attachment 3991 RV
Might be chilly but at least the sun was shining for you which beats the 2 weeks we spent near Pickering in May 2021. Convinced global warming had by passed Yorkshire, and you could not go into a pub due to covid restrictions.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Kev
View attachment 3991View attachment 3991 RV
Looks like an enjoyable time is being had by all with not too may other vans around to spoil your fun, Sure you will all be planning next years excursions along the same line and hope Dusty enjoyed his train ride,

Reactions: Dustydog

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
So apart from eating and drinking and chatting, what else goes on at these gatherings?

Do you go around comparing the size of each others caravans or having towing races around the site or perhaps reversing tests?

Or maybe look at all the other happy campers and with a sharp intake of breath say 'I wouldn't do it like that'

:) :)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
So apart from eating and drinking and chatting, what else goes on at these gatherings?

Do you go around comparing the size of each others caravans or having towing races around the site or perhaps reversing tests?

Or maybe look at all the other happy campers and with a sharp intake of breath say 'I wouldn't do it like that'

Or see who can get up the steepest hill without grounding. ;)

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

The Woosies have been meeting for a few years now Sam, so there's a core of old timers who've become good friends over the years, plus newer Woosies like Dave who came along this time ( Sir Ducktail) who are always welcome and included in the drinks, food and general merriment, to become friends of the future.
Sometimes there are more Woosies at the meet than at other times.
I'm not a Woosie as such, but we go along whenever we can to see our old Woosie pals.
If there are enough of us we have a meal out at a pub / restaurant plus the Jacob's table usually held on the site, with a 'pub quiz' ( We came last as usual) and a good catch up about what we've done and where we've been since the last time we met.
In past times a new Woosie 'King and Queen' have been crowned, that's been a lot of fun, but I think that future Woosie events will be decided by committee to try to find venues where the maximum numbers will be able to come along.
There have been one or two sharp intakes of breath over the years.
If the Woosies notice somebody on site doing something that could damage their caravan or themselves, they've been happy to have a tactful word to try to help.
We do discuss our various caravans, this time our old friend Sprocket and Mrs Sprocket came along in a campervan that was fitted out by Sprocket, and which has provided a good talking point.
As with most buffet type meals, there's always a bit too much food at the Jacob's table.
If others have been around on the site, the Woosies are always happy to share, but on this lovely little site, there's only our group here.
We leave each site as we find it.
We don't disturb fellow campers or neighbours and local publicans are always glad to see us because their takings invariably go up when we're there.
Any forum member who would like to satisfy their curiosity and put faces to names on the forum would be more than welcome to come along to the next meet.
Basically, the Woosiefest is caravanning with a group of like minded friends.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The final two Woosies remaining at The Coachman park. Dustydog & Hutch. Home tomorrow. Next Woosiefest will hopefully be in the Spring and warmer. Yet again resizing the photos they turn sideways🤬

Attachments

• 588983FF-CB87-460E-8901-9218D4BA1CB7.jpeg
    588983FF-CB87-460E-8901-9218D4BA1CB7.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 14FB5F41-EDE1-4A04-9678-63787984BCC8.jpeg
    14FB5F41-EDE1-4A04-9678-63787984BCC8.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 23
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The final two Woosies remaining at The Coachman park. Dustydog & Hutch. Home tomorrow. Next Woosiefest will hopefully be in the Spring and warmer. Yet again resizing the photos they turn sideways🤬
Two stunning caravans and that mobility scooter looks similar to mine (y)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well this year's Woosiefest, finished at 10.20 this morning as I closed the gate on The Coachman caravan site. An easy 200 mile run home to Milton Keynes, From Snainton, completed in 3hour 57 minutes. Caravan and car emptied. Now both need a wash.
A good time was had, the meal and the Jacobs table went well, food in abundance, Melton Mowbury pies and Stilton from DaveA1, Sausage rolls from Dusty dog and Mel and Roger supplying a variety of yummys snacks and Parksy supplying cakes.
A nice last drink with Dusty Dog in the Coachman yesterday afternoon.
Thanks to all that attended. Oh well time to take Harry the dog for a walk.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We too had an uninterrupted drive home non stop 250 miles 4 1/2 hrs. Sad to leave Snainton but we have enjoyed ourselves. I must attend to my 25 year old waste master. It hardly needed emptying😉😉

At that age the cap probably needs a new seal, available from all good caravan dealers :LOL: :tonguewink:

TRENDING THREADS