Word verification

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I tried to submit a post & got the word verification thing but it doesn't work, I entered the letters & got:

The word verification was not completed correctly. Please complete this new word verification and try again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nick
I'll contact the technical staff on Monday when they are back at work so that you won't have to complete any word verification.
Obviously the word verification worked when you tried again, sorry for the inconvenience but the captcha keeps out over 50 spam merchants every day and I'll get it sorted for you a.s.a.p.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi parksy,It seems that i too keep getting this word verification thing.Never use to,is there something with regards how our computers work or is it your end.. cheers

PS it doesnt happen with all posts!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's definitely this end, I'll try to get it sorted out for you on Monday Morning.
I'm not sure what triggers the verification off, it's there to detect and to deter spam posts which it does very well but now and again the system doesn't differentiate between established genuine forum users and the rogues who try to post spam.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
Hi Nick
I'll contact the technical staff on Monday when they are back at work so that you won't have to complete any word verification.
Obviously the word verification worked when you tried again,
Thanks Parksy,
It was odd, I got the captcha & error message when I tried to reply to a post in General but didn't get it when I put my message in this section.
Thanks again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our technicians have sorted this out and neither yourself or Jonny G should experience further problems with the verification box.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Both Austin and John are off work at the moment, Austin should be back on Monday and I'll give him my list.
I'm sorry that we can't do anything until then so thanks for your patience and understanding
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll get it sorted out for you when I email our tech team in the morning.
Does anyone else have to fill in this word verification box?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
meals on wheels said:
The word verification was not completed correctly. Please complete this new word verification and try again.
It's back again!
The technical staff have sorted this out for you MoW

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
I'll get it sorted out for you when I email our tech team in the morning.
Does anyone else have to fill in this word verification box?

I've had to start filling it out over the past couple of days, never had it happen before. Any easy way of getting round it?
Robert

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rob & John G

The technical dept have resolved the issue of word verification for you now.

John G, the reason that your comments failed to load is because of a known issue with Internet Explorer 9

Please have a look at the sticky post dealing with this subject which will explain how to sort this out.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
Hi Rob & John G

The technical dept have resolved the issue of word verification for you now.
Hi Parksy,
Thanks for your help. Something else I noticed, and only from today, when viewing the various forums where a members photo woulf normally be all I see is a small box with a red x and something like " Parksy - moderator's picture" No big deal, just strange.
Robert

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Robert, you're welcome.
None of the avatar pictures seem to be visible but the online / offline indicator has been coloured in.
Another job for the tech staff I think
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
LMH said:
I've just had to fill it in too.

I thought that we'd done you Lisa
smiley-embarassed.gif

I'll ask Austin to sort both yours and Judy's accounts out in the morning when he's back at his office.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Judy & Lisa
You shouldn't experience any further problems with the word verification thanks to Austin the web technician
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts