Worktop Repair

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Anyone got any tips on repairing a work top. I remember seeing a post on this before where someone had dropped an item onto a worktop and it had punched a small hole in it.

Well her indoors has done the same thing this weekend and made a right royal b*****ks of the worktop near the sink. It looks like a pig of a job to replace the whole top as it is one unit which holds the sink and cooker.

The hole is about the same size as a one pence piece any tips on filling it in a way its not so obvious.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Not done it myself but I recall on here it has been suggested getting some ceramic tiles and mounting these on the worktop to form a chopping board arrangement presumably using those plastic edge things to give a neat edge.Just a thought!

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I had the same problem some years ago - with a can of Bass! The worktop was a woodgrain finish and I managed to fill it with woodfiller and with a lot of careful sanding etc, I managed to make it blend perfectly. In order to prevent a repeat I had a clear plastic top made up to match the worktop shape, and it is now totally Bass proof! If your top is not woodgrain, you could firstly obtain a matching paint, and then carefully use a car filler. Isopon or similiar. Hope this helps

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Rod

Unfortunatly mine is a mottled finish, so I will have to go and see if I can get some mottled paint. Bit like a spare bubble for the spirit level!!

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
Had a similar problem on a cabinet top on a Lunar Clubman with a hole about the size of a 10p piece. Oxford Caravans near Thame repaired it for me. I'm not sure how they did it other than a filler was use which matched the colour (and grain effect) of the woodgrain finish. It is virtually an invisible repair even if you know it's there. Very impressed with the result.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My friend did this with his Bordeaux(caravan not bottle of!) and a caravan dealer repaired it with a kit they had.I think that it was Reads Caravans but other dealers must have the same stuff

B & Q sell a worktop repair kit in varios colours as well

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
The way to repair small marks in laminate worktops is to fill the hole if it is not to deep with the "paint" you get at B&Q warehouse or like wise stores. You can get just about all colours required and can mix them for the mottled worktops.If the "dent is a bit deep before using the paint you can fill it up with a clear filler like Araldite allowing room for the top paint.The "paint "i am talking about is the special one for worktops.Have been in the trade and thats how we do it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham ,

Same thing happened to us this year when a bottle fell out of the cocktail cabinet and holed the work top.

What i did, was i drilled a hole through the bottom skin with a 12 mm bit , used a screw driver to push up the broken bit and used some super glue.

Unless you know it s there ,it is pretty much invisible

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
On the 1st day we got our caravan, the table top was not stowed properly, to cut a long story short it came out of the wardrobe and damaged the worktop, on the edge face. I used this company:

http://www.magicman.ltd.uk/
The repair was colour matched very well and i was very satisfied.

regards

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts