worried about calais

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I was planning another route the other day for Calais cos we travel down soon , sat nav would've took us M2o onto operation Stack after the Dartford crossing , but just rang Kent Police station at tea time today and all is cleared !

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Now M 20 is totally blocked towards Dover, and A 20 is choker block with local traffic, travellers are being told to use M2/ A2 to Dover.
As I have 8am ferry on Monday to Dunkirk now, am using Hawthorn Farm Caravan site 4 miles away from terminal, early start for that but at least somewhere to overnight.
All other alternatives, like Marine Parade, out of bounds now.
I did venture to ask B&Q if we could overnight, but firm no, as they are subject to H&S !!
In USA, most big supermarket stores allow overnighting, for free. Why not here ?

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Pedr01800 said:
Now M 20 is totally blocked towards Dover, and A 20 is choker block with local traffic, travellers are being told to use M2/ A2 to Dover.
As I have 8am ferry on Monday to Dunkirk now, am using Hawthorn Farm Caravan site 4 miles away from terminal, early start for that but at least somewhere to overnight.
All other alternatives, like Marine Parade, out of bounds now.
I did venture to ask B&Q if we could overnight, but firm no, as they are subject to H&S !!
In USA, most big supermarket stores allow overnighting, for free. Why not here ?

Fix a couple of horse shoes to the front of your tug, especially if it's a Transit van, and you'll be okay to use any car park you like free of charge for a couple of nights.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts