worried newcomer

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dai welcome to our world. As Emmerson stated us Celts need as much support as possible against the invading Anglo Saxons, Picks, etc. We have also recently recruited Clive(Cardiff) so we can now form our own Cymru Caravan Club and to h**l with those over the bridge. Who needs them any way - apart from showing them how to sing and play rugby what use are they. They could ask Anne Robinson for guidance.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Less of the them and us PLEASE Emmo and Colin. These veins of mine run thick with Celtic blood. And unless Wales strikes oil soon you will need money from all over these fair isles when that bridge finally falls down.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dai, After all the welcomes being extended by us Welsh, I hope that the assumption that you are Welsh is correct and you are not someone desperately wishing he was Welsh.

By the way Colin I'm not that new to the forum I just added the (Cardiff) to my nic to avoid confusion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey Cris were have you got this impression of "them and us"? We have no concern for "them" and as far as the bridge is concerned it was designed and constructed by English firms and is now owned by a French company so it would be no worry to us Celts if the bridge should fall. As far as oil or gas is concerned we have the larget natural harbour in great Britain and it is the intention of the gas companies to import gas through this port to suppy the UK, therefore you lot will be relying on us for your fuel. You stated you have true Celtic blood running through your veins. If this is correct what the heck are you doing with them lot over there unless you are doing missionary work on behalf of the Welash?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dai, After all the welcomes being extended by us Welsh, I hope that the assumption that you are Welsh is correct and you are not someone desperately wishing he was Welsh.

By the way Colin I'm not that new to the forum I just added the (Cardiff) to my nic to avoid confusion.
Clive I beg your pardon, I did not realise this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Less of the them and us PLEASE Emmo and Colin. These veins of mine run thick with Celtic blood. And unless Wales strikes oil soon you will need money from all over these fair isles when that bridge finally falls down.
With all the toll money that we Welsh have to pay to use the Bridge(s) when this one falls down the English government could afford to build a gold one

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Colin oil isnt everything just ponder on this.

Water will become more important than oil, half of the worlds population has no clean water, more than 70 million people die every year because of it.

Dr Boutros Ghali:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dai,

I would agree that the site in general is very informative

and helpful regarding caravan matters.

I myself however tend to steer clear of "Our Website".

My reasons are that its the same old bitching and the old

pals act,disagree with one of the gang and you get flack

from them all.

They all detest Kanga but cannot go a day without mentioning

him in one way or another,they need someone as a whipping

boy....

I will receive a lot of flack for this but I ask you to look

back in this forum...it never changes,same old stuff

regurgitated by the same people and OTT butt kissing.

Don't what ever you do mention 4x4 's..taboo.

As I have already said, the site is invaluable regarding

caravan info and you can have a laugh.

Enjoy your caravanning

regards john.b.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
But did you notice, John mentioned the dreaded 4x4 subject. So what's wrong with 4x4's John?

(And will I ever be able to forgive myself for encouraging it in the first place?)

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
But did you notice, John mentioned the dreaded 4x4 subject. So what's wrong with 4x4's John?

(And will I ever be able to forgive myself for encouraging it in the first place?)
I chose to egnore the 4x4 remark as I thought I would be grown up (for a change )

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lol ,

I have nothing against 4x4's ,I would infact like to

own one.I was however pointing out the intolerance

of others towards 4x4 owners

regards john.b.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Well Dai. I have not been on here long and have been made most welcome by everyone here. Mine and Lord Braykewynde's sense of humours had a minor misunderstanding that was soon sorted out as two adults.

Sense of humour and acceptance of others is the key.

I feel with respect that john.b's summary is a little unfair.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I know that John and you know that, think of what I wrote as fanning the embers of a fast dying argument, the final leap of the salmon or the screech of the tyres before impact. When a topic is whipped to death it can hold no fear.

Still, doesn't stop me trying ;o)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well Dai. I have not been on here long and have been made most welcome by everyone here. Mine and Lord Braykewynde's sense of humours had a minor misunderstanding that was soon sorted out as two adults.

Sense of humour and acceptance of others is the key.

I feel with respect that john.b's summary is a little unfair.
Chris,

with equal respect I agree with your sentiments regarding

being made welcome.I think I actually said that the site

in general was good.The point I was trying to make was in

reference to one part of the site "Our Website".

Even as a newcomer Dai expressed some concern.If you look

at the total number of users on this site then look at how

many actually contribute to "Our Website",its the same

small group of people.

Before someone else says it-yes I do not need to look at it

which is true.

I look in about once a month just to see if there are any

adult inputs( In Our Website).Kanga and others have been

called children,trolls etc and although I do not agree

with some of their actions it seems the people who are

doing the critisising are behaving the same way......

I use and enjoy most of the other forums within the site.

I have been a user of this site from the very beginning

and have seen lots of friends disappear over the years for

the reasons I have mentioned and others just use it as a

source of information,which is a pity

regards john.b.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Chris,

with equal respect I agree with your sentiments regarding

being made welcome.I think I actually said that the site

in general was good.The point I was trying to make was in

reference to one part of the site "Our Website".

Even as a newcomer Dai expressed some concern.If you look

at the total number of users on this site then look at how

many actually contribute to "Our Website",its the same

small group of people.

Before someone else says it-yes I do not need to look at it

which is true.

I look in about once a month just to see if there are any

adult inputs( In Our Website).Kanga and others have been

called children,trolls etc and although I do not agree

with some of their actions it seems the people who are

doing the critisising are behaving the same way......

I use and enjoy most of the other forums within the site.

I have been a user of this site from the very beginning

and have seen lots of friends disappear over the years for

the reasons I have mentioned and others just use it as a

source of information,which is a pity

regards john.b.
If you were to post more often john.b it would dilute the forum a bit more.

I know little of K and P and some others but they do not seem to help themselves from what I've witnessed. The multi persona "troll" postings from people who then try and use "rules" to get them from trouble they have provoked seems crazy.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
" If you were to post more often john.b it would dilute the forum a bit more. I know little of K and P and some others, but they do not seem to help themselves from what I've witnessed.

The multi persona "troll" postings from people who then try and use "rules" to get them from trouble they have provoked seems crazy. "

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Dai made a post, and was welcomed yet then rather than let him judge for himself he gets a slightly negative perspective given to him.

Even a polite response from me to john.b seems to have been labled an attack.

John may not have the time or want to post more often, but the more people that post surely the more quality input we will get and animosity would hopefuly be diluted and the like of previous situatuons difused.

Kanga you and others may even find more people that support your ways and ideas.

Surely that would please you or do you have doubts about others accepting your ways and ideas!

I can only guess what you are looking for here. If you have doubts about others accepting your ways and ideas surely you need to step back and take account like our politicians and maybe after reflection and soul searching you may reinvent yourself as "NEW Kanga". If of course more valid people post and support yours and a few others views and ways, we will have interesting debate anjd maybe we and anyone else you level your angst at will learn from you!

Do you not want the problem of people using multiple persona's sorted?

Even you in your wise way can surely see that your post this morning could be taken as provocative.

Inviting / Asking / Suggesting that john.b post a little more often was asking for valued sensible input in my book, as I would expect nothing less from what he has said.

Pray tell, why do you label this as "targeting" and "sick", MOD1 action re a less contentious posting by myself led to it being removed.

I hope he/she leaves your posting and then maybe you can get through to us what you are looking for here.

Peace and Love Kanga

And do really, have a nice day!

cris

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow cris you are such a calming infuence on this forum, its like having a shrink and not paying. Great, I didnt even kick the cat this morning (only joking about the cat before anyone starts)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts