Worthy replacement for Elddis Genesis 3 - ideas?

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I wacked the suspension of our 1997 Elddis Genesis 3, finally ending heroic efforts to keep it going
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/technical/54283-flexing-chassis
as it's so exceptionaly nice inside (tho old fashioned)
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/stMAAOSwVFlUF1DN/$_86.JPG
It was a special edition, open-plan, 2/3 berth in a 17ft body, substantial non-tacky interior fit-out - spacious comfort for a retired couple.
Any suggestions for a replacement £3-5000?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
In the early noughties we had a couple of Compass Mendip Magnums, dealer specials from Mendip Caravans (no longer in business). There are quite a few about still and they crop up on forecourts all over the country. As you like your Elddis you should like this one. Wandahome (Knottingly) have been churning out the Rambler dealer special for years as well and again they crop up everywhere. Any other dealer specials will probably do the job as well. The layout you're looking for in the early 2000's Elddis/Compass ranges is the 524 for parallel seating and 524L for the one with the L shaped lounge as per your pictures. The standard mid range upwards will have all the kit you could possibly need and most of the dealer specials will be based on lower ranges such as the Elddis Avante but their spec will be chomping at the heals of the mid range. I think 2002 onwards the V tech swing chassis was introduced and that's worth looking out for. If searching on line you will need to look at 4 berths as they will all be this with the extra bunk coming up over the side dinette.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
if you are looking for something of that vintage I would be looking at a Coachman if you can live with the weight. They were generally better made than the competition although not totally fault free. We kept one for 10 years without any serious problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts