Wot no Conquerors ??

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
My local and largest Swift dealers (also sells Compass & Bailey) have open days today and tomorrow. We took up our invite today specifically to see the 2009 Conquerors but there were none to be found ! There were plenty of Charisma and Challengers and motorhomes but only 2 2008 Conquerors ! !

I was thinking about changing my 2006 Bessacarr Cameo and had already discounted the 2008 Conqueror and had been looking at Fleetwood (bad choice in hindsight !) and Coachman but thought that the 2009 Conqueror may be worthy of a look. Are they in short supply ?

As an aside I was pleased to read that Swift were now fitting 'buttoned' locking catches to their overhead lockers. We went into 2 Challengers and I don't know how many overhead lockers they have between them but only 3 of the catches were still working. I know these were 2009 show models and get a lot of abuse from the public but this did seem bad - is it a known problem ?

Bill

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Bill,

Could it be that some Challenger models are replacing Conqueror models in the present climate?

If you study the specification for the new Challenger 620 and 625 twin axle models they are basically Conquerors minus the Alde Wet heating system.

They even have the same underfloor fresh water tank as the Conqueror.

If you take the price of a Conqueror and take off the cost of the Alde heating you end up with about the price of a Challenger.

I can't wait to see the new Challenger twin axles, the layouts and specs look great.

Perhaps Kathy could comment.

Hamer

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

This is the case in quite a few dealers. Many still have some 2008 stock available and as a result, haven't stocked up on 2009 models. Due to the financial difficulties in the wider world, lots of dealers have cut back on the number of caravans they are stocking to minimise the money they have tied up at a time when high-price items like new caravans are not top of people's shopping list.

Incidentally, we've not heard anything about failing locker catches in 09 Swift products, either anecdotally or officially.

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts