X~Trail Headlight Beam Deflectors

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone advise as to the correct position for X~Trail Headlight Beam Deflectors.
My X~Trail a Sport year 2005.
I have not bothered before as we never drive at night, but this year I will consider it.
Thanks in anticipation.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Anything considered to be generic cannot be worthwhile because very headlamp has different optics so, if at all, it would have to be specific to be able to do what it is supposed to. It's easier simply to readjust the beam to point down and more to the left.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
HOVIS said:
I have not bothered before as we never drive at night, but this year I will consider it.
Thanks in anticipation.

.......... technically the law states that headlights must be adjusted to comply with anti dazzle regulations at all times whether in use or not.
It would not be a defence to argue that you are not going to drive at night.

If you have beam adjusters you could set them to their lowest point and use gaffer tape to blank a segment of the lense glass.
This segment is always the one between 7 and 9 o'clock when viewed from the front of your car.
Trim the tape to shape with a sharp knife taking care not to damage the lense.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Along with reducing your speed I'm pretty sure it's compulsory to have dipped lights on when driving in the rain in France.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for all your comments, but having purchased a set of Beam deflectors from Halfords and read the indtruction, I am even more confused !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there not a Nissan X-Trail Sport owner out there who can give me specific advice ??

TRENDING THREADS