Xmas/New Years

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Using the caravan for a break over the festive period seems to be getting more popular. So who's going away this year, where and why that particular site?

Nice to see you back on line, Lolly.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Cheers Lol! feel like I've been away for a lifetime! how's Gaye?

As you all have probably read, we are off to Chatsworth Park from 22-29 December and we can't wait!

I am working now so looking forward to getting out in the van.

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site

As you all have probably read, we are off to Chatsworth Park from 22-29 December and we can't wait!

Lolly x
Oooops.... sorry Lol, forgot to say why!

Because we love the Peak District and I have to see if anyone has "messed" up my house this year!!!!!!! If only!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lolly x
Gaye is fine Lolly, we wont be that far from you for a couple of days, we're in Rivendale from the 27th.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Feel free to pop over for a glass of the old vino if you like! We have changed our van to a Senator Wyoming now, with a Green L reg Disco.

It would be great to see you both again if you are free.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are never "free", Lolly. Some would say inexpensive, most would say downright cheap, but never free. We'll be seeing you at Easter, try to put pressure on Lisa to commit to Easter too.

Hope you enjoy your Wyoming, we certainly did.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean to mean free if you know what I mean!???

If we don't see you at Christmas have a good one, hoping that we can book up for Easter and my operation date doesn't get changed!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Off to Sandy Balls on Friday, for a week,in the Wyoming,meeting up with friends,then back for one night and off to Tenerife for a week to recover, might be coming at Easter, still to be confirmed with Mrs T, hope you enjoy Christmas, by the way I assume you have changed your Wyoming what did you go for.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Off to Sandy Balls on Friday, for a week,in the Wyoming,meeting up with friends,then back for one night and off to Tenerife for a week to recover, might be coming at Easter, still to be confirmed with Mrs T, hope you enjoy Christmas, by the way I assume you have changed your Wyoming what did you go for.
Hope you make it to the Easter meet, Keith. If you're waiting for a decision from your nearest and dearest, chocolates usually help. I wouldn't mind having your itinerary for the next few weeks, but alas the Lottery let me down again!

Yes the Wyoming and Sorento have gone. I went temporarily insane (along with SWMBO) sold it all (lost millions) and bought an old RV.

Me bad........

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lolly, where there's drink involved you'd be amazed how "free" Lol can be
That's a cheek, they don't call you the "Can in in the hand man" because it has a ring to it. Unless you count the ring pull!

Is it a serious crime, character assassination?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol,

How is life on the dark side, no hitching up,no awning to put up,no waste to empty,what can you and SWMBO find to argue about,as for our itinery, the week in the van is easier than the second week, 3am check in, 4 hours with my knees under my chin and not a decent cup of tea when we get there,only doing it to stop Flash Gordon getting his hands on our hard earned,seemed like a good idea at the time it was booked though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh, if only that were true. I have a towing dolly, so we can bring a car with us, that's a true tow car. Still have to empty the waste, only there is more of it to empty. We now have the choice of the sun canopy or a gazebo, none of which are that easy.

Yes, I'm still wondering why......

Still, I don't have to go through the pain (?) of Tenerife for a week. I am a lucky chap.

Keep working on the boss, the Easter meet needs you!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Oh, if only that were true. I have a towing dolly, so we can bring a car with us, that's a true tow car. Still have to empty the waste, only there is more of it to empty. We now have the choice of the sun canopy or a gazebo, none of which are that easy.

Still, I don't have to go through the pain (?) of Tenerife for a week. I am a lucky chap.

"towing dolly" ,whats her name ?

May 4, 2005
Visit site
"So who's going away this year, where and why that particular site?"

We are off to Sandringham on the 21st and chose that site because it was the only one we could get ;O)

I must book early next year.

(repeat and fade)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

I could tell you , Brian. But the price would be too high. Anyway, while Lord B is away, he doesn't need all his staff.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Garry,

You could ask Wendy ( norfolk ) to squeeze up a little so you will all have room in parlour. I know she is going round for mince pies, after the church service in the morning. I bet she has bought a new hat just in case she is caught on TV.

Val & Frank

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Sandy Balls for new year (again) and I have already booked it for new year 2007/8. Good party new years eve then get the wellies on and walk off the hangover new years day.Need to book this one very early as touring pitches are limited in winter.

Seasons greetings everyone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sandy Balls for new year (again) and I have already booked it for new year 2007/8. Good party new years eve then get the wellies on and walk off the hangover new years day.Need to book this one very early as touring pitches are limited in winter.

Seasons greetings everyone.
What's the format for the New years party, John? We usually go to Hoburne Bashley at that time, where there are two parties arranged, one a buffet/dance and the other a dinner/dance. Are tickets available when you book? We're looking for a change, especially as we might be going to Bashley for our summer hols.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
What's the format for the New years party, John? We usually go to Hoburne Bashley at that time, where there are two parties arranged, one a buffet/dance and the other a dinner/dance. Are tickets available when you book? We're looking for a change, especially as we might be going to Bashley for our summer hols.
Lol,

We also do Bashley,if I remember rightly the pitches are cheaper at New Year but you had to buy tickets for the Party. At SB, the pitches are dearer but the celebrations are included. You don't get a dinner, but everyone gets over the club early(or else the best tables are gone) and orders bar food which they serve until about 9pm that night. The bar itself is open up to about 1am except for 10mins at new year itself, and there are usually 2 or 3 acts on, including a disco. They usually put up a marquee in the courtyard and link it to the club so there are extra tables out there.If you can't get a touring pitch, you could always treat yourself to one of their pine lodges, we did that a few years ago (before we had decent heating!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks John, you don't have to go to the Party at Bashley to get a cheap pitch, but as it's the reason for going in the first place, you are kinda trapped. A ticket is expensive too,

Feb 27, 2006
Visit site
we're off to the CC site in Edinburgh for the New Year - we are really looking forward to experiencing the Scottish way of celebrating New Year!

If anyone is up there then and fancies a brew (or something stronger) we're in the Sterling Elite Explorer with 4Motion Silver Passat Est.

Merry Xmas

Kingsley

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts