Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, you don't hear from me too often by that does not mean I don't still appreciate OPs on this forum for wisdom, assistance and above all friendship. So now into my 51st year of caravan ownership with the van packed and ready to go December 26 to France en route to Spain for what may well be last time ( at 82 it's one year at a time for everything), may I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and great touring in 2019 whether it will be UK Europe or both. My 'chauffeur'se aka wife who has a few less birthdays than me (dare not say more) and who already has 3 round trips each of Spain and France under her belt/girdle/ g string - (come on, help me fellas with the right word) is set for the trip too.
So in addition to seasonal greeting our New Year wish is that those of you of the same (excellent) vintage do not give up before you absolutely have to.
Feliz navidad !!
Ray

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
RayS said:
Hi all, you don't hear from me too often by that does not mean I don't still appreciate OPs on this forum for wisdom, assistance and above all friendship. So now into my 51st year of caravan ownership with the van packed and ready to go December 26 to France en route to Spain for what may well be last time ( at 82 it's one year at a time for everything), may I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and great touring in 2019 whether it will be UK Europe or both. My 'chauffeur'se aka wife who has a few less birthdays than me (dare not say more) and who already has 3 round trips each of Spain and France under her belt/girdle/ g string - (come on, help me fellas with the right word) is set for the trip too.
So in addition to seasonal greeting our New Year wish is that those of you of the same (excellent) vintage do not give up before you absolutely have to.
Feliz navidad !!
Ray

Thank you for your post Ray.

I’m in my mid 40’s, and relaxing at home this evening with my wife and two young kids, and like many, am forever balancing a hectic work-life schedule. As I glance outside and try to focus on our caravan which hasn’t moved off the drive for two and a half months, through the wonderful glow and haze of Christmas lights, I really want you to know that reading your post was nothing less than cathartic, and an absolute inspiration which has helped me to take stock, so much so, that I’ve just read it to my wife and kids.

Wishing you all the very best for a fantastic Christmas, a Happy New Year and above all else, Safe Travels !

Steve.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
During this Christmas or mid winter season, I do hope that the good will and gracefulness we all show to others can expand to the whole year, and that decisions we make are done with thoughtfulness and care to benefit more than just ourselves.

I hope we can all do our bit to improve our environment now and for the future.

To everyone regardless of creed, May you have a wonderful time and a successful new year' :)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Not wanting to be a party pooper (Christmas doesn't do anything for me as I'm Atheist), but as was pointed out to me once, the celebration is CHRISTMAS, not Xmas!
If you're going to celebrate, then do it right.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
emmerson said:
Not wanting to be a party pooper (Christmas doesn't do anything for me as I'm Atheist), but as was pointed out to me once, the celebration is CHRISTMAS, not Xmas!
If you're going to celebrate, then do it right.

Since the derivation of the word goes back to a Greek word relating to what we now call Christmas, and it’s first recorded usage in written English was in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles I suggest you may have been misadvised. Irrespective of terminology it is the spirit of the wintertime festival of Christmas, Xmas or even Yule that really matters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts